Ask Experts » Science and Technology » Technology »

How to make my laptop into a WiFi hotspot?

Date: 07 May 2016   Posted By: Bhuvaneswara Rao Nalla     Group: Science and Technology    Category: Technology   

I am using Windows 7 laptop. I connect to the internet through an Ethernet cable to a Cisco cable modem. I didn't take the wireless router as I am the only user of internet in my home. Sometimes, I want to access the internet through my smartphone by connecting to the same modem but I don't know how to enable hotspot in windows 7. Is it possible to connect my smartphone to my laptop through wireless? How to setup WiFi hotspot in windows 7 laptop?

Windows 7 laptop, Ethernet cable, Enable Wifi hotspot in Windows 7, Connect smartphone to laptop through wireless.

Author: Pawan Kumar    08 May 2016      Member Level: Silver     Points : 2  (Rs 2)    Voting Score: 0

First Download Connectify and install it. When installation is complete, restart your computer. After restarting the computer,
check Internet connection . Then run the Connectify Hotspot app. You'll see two tabs in the app - Settings and Clients . In the Settings tab, under "Create a..." click Wi-Fi
Hotspot. Under Internet to Share, you'll see a drop-down menu. Expand it and select the connection you want to share. Under that, you'll see some more options. Add a Wi-Fi password. Click on Start Hotspot. Now enjoy internet on your mobile phone through wi-fi.

Author: Ganesh    20 May 2016      Member Level: Silver     Points : 2  (Rs 2)    Voting Score: 0

Commonly,There are two way to make your laptop hotspot.

First way by using "Portable wifi hotspot"its a device look like
USB.We can fix it in the USB port,then install its driver.It act as router.

The second way is by using wifi hotspot software(virtual router).
There are many software available in market for transform your PC into a WiFi Hotspot. In these,the best 5 software as below.

My Wifi Router
MaryFi
My Public Wifi
mHotspot
Connectify

Try to install any of the above software mentioned. Enjoy the hotspot service.

Author: saikishore Meda    19 Jul 2016      Member Level: Silver     Points : 4  (Rs 4)    Voting Score: 0

There is a option to convert our laptop as a WIFI password.

There are so many softwares to convert our internet which is came from Ethernet cable. One of the best software is "VIRTUAL ROUTER PLUS".
By using that software you can make a hostspot from your laptop.

Steps to make hotspot .
1) Download the VIRTUAL ROUTER PLUS software from the internet.
2) Install it on your laptop .
3) change the SSID name and the password as you want .
4) start the virtual router plus.

That's it Now your laptop will works as a hotspot .