Ask Experts » Education » Professional Courses »

Need guidance for taking up a job oriented course

Date: 07 May 2016   Posted By: Satender Kumar     Group: Education    Category: Professional Courses   

I have completed my 12 from CBSE and BSc graduation from Kanpur University two years ago and since then I have been looking for a job. I want to take up a good course but don't have any idea about what to do.
Can you provide guidance?

Searching for a job oriented course after two years of BSc graduation? Check out advice from experts on this page.

Author: Kailash Kumar    07 May 2016      Member Level: Platinum     Points : 3  (Rs 3)    Voting Score: 0

B.Sc. is a graduation degree and after completing a graduation degree, doors open for many lucrative career options including civil services examinations and bank jobs including POs job. It is presumed that the author must have tried for some competitive examination during the past two years of his unemployment. It may be noted that there is no such course, completion of which automatically ensures a job. The author may work hard and study job portals like ISC to study various career options available after completing a graduation degree. In case, he finds himself unable to clear any competitive examination, then he should join any available job in whatever capacity it is available without wasting further time. Efforts for pursuing higher studies may be continued later through online/distance learning mode while earning.

Author: Purna Prasad Sharma    07 May 2016      Member Level: Silver     Points : 3  (Rs 3)    Voting Score: 0

In between this two years,even you haven't found a single job.Yes definetely you should go as per kailash ji said because you are wasting time.Moreover that two years you should not had to waste because you may have to suffer for that lost as i am experienced with the same.Remember the first question of interviewer shall be that what you did in that two years,where neither you did any course or further study nor job,so it may create abig problem to you.

Mere doing course not gonna give you a lots,at first you engaged yourself in any kind of job that relevant to you because time is going on,the more you become older the you find trouble to find job.Most of the time we noticed that this is happened because of salary structure and mostly guys hesitates to engage themselves in such jobs better they waits for better one.But that better arrives to them only when they go through the first one.

So any relevant or suitable course that you think good works for you but before that you engage youself in some job.

Hope you follow as i said.

Author: Keerthi Vasanth    08 May 2016      Member Level: Gold     Points : 3  (Rs 3)    Voting Score: 0

Since it has been two years of completion in your degree, there exists a question in the interview regarding this gap. All the companies do not encourage this gap.

The same situation of about 8 months gap in search of a suitable job affected my career few years back. When I realized that I have wasted my time, I joined in a small company and opted for a course of 6month duration. For that I have paid 50000 RS but here I have to compete with many members in the course for even 2 vacancies in a company. At last I got a job of my satisfaction which was purely not connected to my studies.

But do not lose your hope. You try for small companies too if they are ready to provide you with minimum salary. Experience speaks more than the salary, when you opt for job change. So try your level best in getting a job.

Also you can improve your qualification by doing high studies as per your interest and then search in that category. You can also prove yourself in bank exams which requires only a degree. Time and tide wait for no man. So do not wait for an opportunity. You need to create your profile on your own. All the best.

Keerthi Vasanth

Author: sushma    08 May 2016      Member Level: Gold     Points : 2  (Rs 2)    Voting Score: 0

You can take up course of your interest but there are no institutes who will guarantee job. Before joining course, you may here them saying job guaranteed but after completion it's totally different. Choose a domain of your interest, choose a right institute for learning and simultaneously also look for a job. Don't join a course just to grab a job, join course to learn more. Show your passion and learn. You will definitely get a job soon. Don't be disheartened that you have not got a job. Keep putting your efforts and keep trying.

Author: [Anonymous]    09 May 2016      Member Level: Diamond     Points : 3  (Rs 3)    Voting Score: 0

The gap of 2 years is a big negative point while searching for a job. I would like to know your specialization in BSc. which you missed to mention. Any related course will be advantageous for your professional profile as you already have basic knowledge of the same.
To switch from your current field/specialization will be difficult but it will be question of interest. If you interest in any other field rather than your current specialization, please pursue your post graduation in that field. It can be MBA or MCA (If you had mathematics in your 12 class).

Apart from regular post graduation course, there are many other course like Post Graduation Diploma are available and can be pursued by you to save some time.
Some professional computer related courses like Animation, Web designing, etc. are also a good option to purse. There are many private institutes offer such courses with job guarantee.

Author: Sheo Shankar Jha    09 May 2016      Member Level: Gold     Points : 3  (Rs 3)    Voting Score: 0

Since you have a graduation degree in science, there is ample scope for you to make entry for Probationary officers for both Nationlised - banks and the private ones. A little concentration is required to upgrade your General - knowledge and Current - affairs apart from your proficiency in solving Mathematical - problems mostly taught in 10+2 level. In addition to this, it should be your regular exercise to devote time to strengthening your English - grammar and literature. You may take up the help of some renowned Institutes for your preparation.
The other areas suiting to you may be to crack state civil service Examination which would not be painful to that extent. Here also, you may have the guidance of some professional Institutes. Though the preparation of IAS is somewhat difficult, this can be taken up if you have passion for it.
In order to make entry in the software - field, you may take up certification course in any one of the followings such as Java, Oracle, software testing etc from either NIIT or APTECH. Such courses have tremendous demands in the Software - companies.