|Author: Timmappa Kamat 10 May 2016 Member Level: Gold Points : 4 (Rs 4) Voting Score: 0|
Well, here are a few remedies for dry hair. Please note that these are suggested to me by some of the veterans in the field.
Butter has been regarded as the best conditioner. Massaging your hair with a small amount of butter can bring up a shine. After around half an hour, you can rinse the butter out and shampoo your hair.
Though it may seem little funny for some, but do not get surprised when I say tea is a good conditioner. Rinse your hair with the brewed tea after your regular shampooing. Please note that the tea should be unsweetened ( that should be obvious).
Maybe you are well aware that egg improves your hair structure. Mix a small amount of shampoo with one egg. Beat it a little and apply it to your hair. Rinse off the mix after five minutes. Please note that egg is a rich source of protein.
Food oils are good for hair. Check at the stores for olive oil or almond oil. Apply the oil evenly on dampened hair. Cover it with a towel for around half an hour. Take a shower.
|Author: sushma 10 May 2016 Member Level: Gold Points : 3 (Rs 3) Voting Score: 0|
You have dry hair because of lack of moisture content.
Some of the tips to overcome dry hair problem is
1. Apply milk onto your scalp. Dip a cotton in the milk and apply on the scalp. Leave for 20 minutes and rince
2. Make a mixture of Egg and Olive Oil. Apply the mixture to your hair and wash after 40 minutes
3. Mix 2 tbsp honey to 1 tbsp coconut oil and massage onto your hair.
4. Apply aloe vera juice to hair and wash after few minutes.
5. Take some coconut oil in a bowl, add curry leaves, hibiscus, amla juice and boil it for 5 minutes. Cool the mixture and apply to your hair. You can preserve this oil and apply at any time.
Also avoid washing your hair everyday. Wash your hair only twice or thrice a week.
Also apply castor oil to your at least once a week. This prevents graying of hair.
|Author: [Anonymous] 10 May 2016 Member Level: Diamond Points : 5 (Rs 5) Voting Score: 0|
I guess, your are facing this problem because of your practice of having head wash daily. Regular use of shampoo wash of all the moisture from your hairs.
Below mentioned are some home based remedies-
1. The simplest way is to have head wash every alternate day. Please note that, you must apply hair oil till the roots before night. This will surely improve the condition.
2. Use mehendi/ Heena that works as a natural conditioner. Please use the original powder if you are using only for conditioning. Soak the powder in sufficient quantity of water in Iron vessel and keep it for 24 hours at least.
Wash your hairs before applying it. Dry them and they apply soaked heena paste evenly on your hairs and keep it for 2 hours. Wash it in normal water.
when your hairs get dried, apply hair oil thoroughly and do head wash next day.
This is very effective remedy and most of the ladies are using it without any complain.
3. Feenugreek seeds are again a good for hairs. you need to soak these seeds in water one night before its application. Next day, grind these presoaked seeds and mix them with curd. Mix it well to prepare even paste and apply it on your hairs and roots. Keep it for 2 yours and then wash it with normal water. This time your hairs will be oily and stinky but next day when you will do head wash with shampoo, you will feel the change.
4. Egg yolk mixed with hair oil or Heena paste is also good for hairs nourishment.
5. Finally, a good and balanced diet is always a keel formula for all body related problems. A healthy diet keep all your organs healthy.
|Author: Mahesh 10 May 2016 Member Level: Gold Points : 3 (Rs 3) Voting Score: 0|
The three of the most common options to use on dry hair are as below:
1. Beer shampoo : This liquid can help keep the hair more smooth and oily. Also they help the skin too and keep them oily. They are quite expensive but can be used on your hairs even if you have dry skin under hair.
2. Egg : You can apply egg extract on your hair. This helps keep the hair stay smooth. I suggest using this on every alternate month. Do note that this may attract a bit of dandruff but a good method to keep the hairs oily.
3. Yogurt/curd: Using yogurt on your hair can make it go smooth and reduces the dryness from hair. It should not be used on everyday basis as the yogurt bacteria if used too many times can affect skin under hairs.
Apart from these methods do note that you should not use any hair set gel. As that gel makes the skin and the hair stay dry. So make sure you don't use anything that keeps hair and skin underneath as more dry.
|Author: Pawan Kumar 11 May 2016 Member Level: Silver Points : 3 (Rs 3) Voting Score: 0|
Be careful when cleaning your hairs with shampoos and conditioners. Because some shampoos and conditioners contains harmful chemicals. Those chemicals may irritate and dry your hair. And be careful when using curlers, straighteners and blow dryers on your hairs. It can cause hair loss and hair damage. It also makes hair dry. Eat foods that are rich in amega-3 fatty acids and proteins. Massage your hairs before shampooing. Drink plenty of water.
Some Home Remedies for Dry Hair :
Coconut oil : Massage your hairs with coconut oil. It is a very good remedy for dry hair.
Bananas : First blend two over rip bananas and add one tablespoon coconut oil, honey and olive oil. Now apply this paste on hair for 15 minutes. This paste is very effective for dry hair. Because it is rich in potassium, antioxidants and vitamins.
Aloe vera : Apply some aloe vera juice directly on hair. Wash it off after a few minutes. It is a natural conditioner for hair.
Ghee : Apply some ghee directly on your hairs. Wash it off after few minutes. It make hairs soft.
|Author: [Anonymous] 11 May 2016 Member Level: Diamond Points : 2 (Rs 2) Voting Score: 0|
I can suggest you to use any one (either bathing soap or shampoo) regularly while showering and don't miss it. Do not change brand shampoo or soap often. Before 3 hours to shower, you may apply pure coconut oil and let it go to scalp and freshen then enrich. You may shower later, and, do not apply hair oil or gel after shower which is actually not a good habit.
|Author: Saraswathi 12 May 2016 Member Level: Gold Points : 2 (Rs 2) Voting Score: 0|
Shampoo will not be so effective for dry hair.
For effective natural home remedies for dry hair is white egg. Take only white part of the egg and apply in your hair. After applying you should wait for at-least half an hour. Afterwards rinse with lukewarm water. This is very good effective for dry hair. Yours hair also will shine.
Another effective way is take ripe banana. Smash it nicely and apply it in your hair. Wait half an hour and rinse with warm water.
Do both the procedures once a week. Within 3 to 4 weeks your dry hair will shine like anything.
|Author: Sanghamitra 12 May 2016 Member Level: Silver Points : 2 (Rs 2) Voting Score: 0|
It is simple really. Oil your hair with coconut oil every night or at least two hours before taking a bath. As cliched as it seems, this works. Especially if you need to shampoo your hair daily. And about shampoo...it is not possible in our busy lives to look out for shikakai and make home based shampoos. Use less shampoo and sprinkle a bit of lemon when you rinse your hair. This gives a shine and makes your hair less oily if you have actually oiled it.
|Author: Juana 25 May 2016 Member Level: Diamond Points : 6 (Rs 6) Voting Score: 0|
I want to make two points before suggesting remedies for your dry hair.
1. Hair loses its softness as it greys. Grey hair is naturally dryer than black hair. It is a common problem people with greying hair face.
2. The texture of the hair depends on your health – on what you eat. Eat a balanced diet to promote healthy hair.
Make changes to your diet:
1. Hydrate – Have 2-3 litres of fluids a day. This can include plain water, fresh veg/fruit juices, buttermilk and lassi, clear soup, dal-pani etcetera.
2. Say yes to fruits – Include a variety of fruits in your diet. They are rich in nutrients that promote good hair.
3. Have a plateful of vegetables – Raw, boiled, grilled or cooked – have a whole lot of veggies every day. You will benefit from their rich nutrient content.
4. Protein – Whether sourced from non-vegetarian foods or veg food, protein is good for your hair, as it is made of mainly of keratin – a protein.
5. Dairy – Non-fat dairy products are a source of protein.
6. Nuts and seeds – These tiny food items are packed with good for you nutrients. They are naturally rich in vitamins and minerals and good fats.
7. Fat – Healthy fats in balanced quantity will provide a nourishment to your from within.
Grey hair as mentioned above is naturally dry; hence, you will need to give it extra care to keep it soft and shiny. Here is what you can do -
1. Rice water – the water obtained from draining cooked rice acts as a wonderful conditioner. Cool the same and rinse hair with it. Leave for 5 minutes before rinsing with normal water.
2. Mayonnaise – this edible sauce is an excellent hair conditioner. Slather some mayonnaise on your hair, leave it for minimum 2 hours and wash off using a shampoo for dry hair.
3. Avocado – take a ripe avocado and smash it into pulp. Take some of the pulp in your fingers and run through your hair, covering the strands from root to tip in avocado. Leave on for 2-3 hours and rinse.
4. Mango – it is mango season, so make the most of the fruit. Mix mango pulp with 2 egg yolks, 1 tbsp olive oil (or any other oil) and 2 tbsp curd. Apply liberally on hair and leave for 2 hours. Wash using shampoo for dry hair. Alternatively, rub the inside of the mango skin on your hair, after you're done eating. Leave for 2 hours and rinse off.
5. Hibiscus – grind to a paste fresh hibiscus flowers and apply the same to your hair. Let the paste condition your hair for 1-2 hours. Rinse in water.
6. Vinegar and oil – grey hair tends to take on a yellow tinge. Use a mix of vinegar and oil to condition, as well as remove yellowness from hair.
Other than the suggestion given above also follow those given by all the others.
|Author: Payal bhatia 21 Jun 2016 Member Level: Bronze Points : 2 (Rs 2) Voting Score: 0|
I have a very useful hack for dry hair ... My hair used to be dry so I used this home remedy .
Yes you read it right Eggs are very useful for our hair . They are very helpful for dry and damaged hair . It is a good source of protein . It strengthens and repair your hair .
What you have to do is:
Break an egg and mix one table spoon of honey ( small spoon) . Then add 1 tablespoon of Olive oil or coconut oil . Mix the mixture well and apply to your hair . Cover your head with shower cap and leave it for 30 minutes and wash it with lukewarm water . USE THIS ONCE A WEEK .
you will see the difference within few weeks .
I use it regularly .