Ask Experts » Entertainment » Music »

How to choose the best portable speaker

Date: 11 May 2016   Posted By: priya vij     Group: Entertainment    Category: Music   

I want to buy a portable mini speaker between the range Rs. 1500 to 2500. I have searched many options on sites like amazon, flipkart etc. But I am still confused on which one to gift to my grandmother.
It should be user friendly.
Can you please suggest me the best speaker?

Confused which is the best portable speaker? Find suggestions from experts on this page.

Author: Kailash Kumar    12 May 2016      Member Level: Platinum     Points : 1  (Rs 1)    Voting Score: 0

In my opinion, it may not be a good idea to make this gift a surprise gift. The matter should be discussed with grandmother or at least her situation should be evaluated to know as to with what kind of speakers she will be comfortable with. There are many kinds of resources available on net which offer comparisons and reviews of various kinds of mini speakers available in the market. Also the requirements of the individuals are different. Since the only the author knows his/her grandmother personally, therefore taking into account various factors like specific requirement of the intended user, budget, connectivity, portability, durability, audio quality etc. and thorough study of reviews and comparison charts available on the internet resources, the author will have to take final decision himself/herself.

Author: [Anonymous]    13 May 2016      Member Level: Gold     Points : 3  (Rs 3)    Voting Score: 0

I think it is not a good gift that it gives to your grandmother. Even if you stick with the gift (speaker) then better to see that it supports SD card. You can download some old classics music or historical videos through internet and gift it to your grandma. It will be better then.
However, while buying portable speaker you need to consider few things like:
  • Bluetooth capability: It increases functionality. You can share your files and things to your laptop, PC, tab and smartphones.
  • Built-in battery: If you have this feature, then no need to buy battery separately because it is rechargeable.
  • Speaker size: It makes a portable speaker different
  • Quality of sound: It should be good whether you buy speaker within the budget or not. It is most important factor to be considered
  • Compatibility

Considering the above factors you should choose the best that come within the budget.

Author: Mahesh    13 May 2016      Member Level: Gold     Points : 2  (Rs 2)    Voting Score: 0

I checked flipkart and amazon and here are some of the options that I have found.

1. Philips Wireless Portable Speaker (cylindrical shape) 1325 Rs.
2. Portronics Portable Speaker. 1249 Rs.
3. Philips Tablet Speaker 1325 Rs.

These are some of the budget portable speakers which are good enough for the home use. However there are some other models too. It's not easy to choose gifts so you may want to consult with grandmother before making the final purchase. It's hard for us to suggest you because your personal views on the gift may not be easy for us to use while choosing the product. So the final call remains yours.