Ask Experts » Education » Professional Courses »

Best courses for telecommunication and electronic engineering

Date: 11 May 2016   Posted By: sumit     Group: Education    Category: Professional Courses   

I want guidance from an expert. I have done my B.Tech. with electronics and communication branch in 2010. I started with a telecom company, but left it due to too much field work affected my health. I tried PSU and joined a BPO at the same time. Now I am about to complete my 3 years in tech support, but not experiencing significant growth in salary and profile as well as I have switched companies 3 times. So I want to ask if I want to enter in hard core technical, though I am not much in touch with that, do I still have a chance. If yes then what course or step should be taken?

Planning to take up courses in telecommunication and electronic engineering? Before you do, check out the expert advice provided in the responses below.

Author: Joyshree    11 May 2016      Member Level: Gold     Points : 3  (Rs 3)    Voting Score: 0

Since you have done B.Tech in electronics and communication, you should look for jobs in the related field. You can try to join as telecommunication engineer or electrical engineer or electronics engineer or system analyst in different corporate companies.
Deciding to join a BPO, in spite of being an expert in the field of electronics and communication, was not an apt move in career. I suggest you study for M.Tech admission examination. The most suitable field in M.Tech course would be M.Tech in electrical and electronics or M.tech in electronics and communication or M.Tech in power systems engineering. When you pass out after 2 years, you will have a sound knowledge in the technical field. So you will be able to apply for all the job positions I mentioned above. So don't worry, you have a great future ahead. One more suggestion is that while you are in M.Tech take coaching classes in other fields like communication skills, project organization skills. This will help you in your career.

Author: Kailash Kumar    12 May 2016      Member Level: Platinum     Points : 3  (Rs 3)    Voting Score: 0

The author may consider pursuing M Tech in Advanced Information Technology with specialization in Networking & Telecommunication course offered by IGNOU in distance learning mode without leaving his present job. There is no age restriction and the minimum and maximum duration of the course is 2 years and 3 years respectively. The eligibility criteria for admission is a bachelor degree in engineering/ technology with minimum 55% marks in electrical or electronics or communication/information technology or computer science etc. Basic knowledge of data communication and networking programming and background in C and C++ is also required.
All jobs require hard work and dedication. Keeping on switching over jobs is no guarantee to get a better job tailor made to one's own choice. It is advisable to stick to the present job and face the hardships till any new qualification/skill is added.

Author: Pawan Kumar    12 May 2016      Member Level: Silver     Points : 3  (Rs 3)    Voting Score: 0

There are two options after B.Tech. Those are higher study and job.
Higher studies : Higher studies will make you confident and, of course, help you build in depth knowledge of the subject. It will also give you an advantage during interviews. There are numerous higher studies options available after B.Tech. You can go for M.Tech, MS, MBA, MCA, MMS, PGDM and Short Term Courses. Some of Masters courses courses are M.Tech in Electronics and Communications, M.Tech in Microelectronics and VLSI, M.Tech in Communication Systems, M.Tech in Electronic Design and Technology, M.Tech in Power Electronics, M.Tech in Computational Statistics. Some short term courses are Advanced Diploma in DSP System Design, Advanced Diploma in Real Time Operating Systems, Certificate courses in Verilog and VHDL, Certificate program in VLSI design engineering, Diploma in Embedded Systems Design, Diploma in VLSI Design, Diploma in Wireless Technology, Online course on Embedded Systems, Optical Fiber Communications, Telecom Protocol Development.
Jobs after B.Tech : There are many jobs opportunities after B.Tech ECE. There are many private companies that recruit engineers in B.Tech in Electronics and Communication. Some of them are Reliance, Nokia, Tata, LG, Wipro, Infosys, TCS, Samsung, Pinnacle, Philips, HP etc. Or start your own business.

Author: DEEPANKAR DAS    15 May 2016      Member Level: Silver     Points : 2  (Rs 2)    Voting Score: 0

You have passed BTECH in Electronics & communication engineering. You can do your job in
1.TELECOM SECTOR.
2.BANKING JOBS AS TECHNICAL OFFICER OR SPECIALIST OFFICER.
3.GOVT. JOBS, PSU OR PRIVATE SECTOR
4. You can do short term courses VLSI, EMBEDED SYSTEM or long term courses such as MTECH IN Electronics & communication engineering, RADIO ENGINEERING, DIGITAL SIGNALING, MICROELECTRONICS AND VLSI , ELECTRONICS & INSTRUMENTATION, ROBOTICS, CONTROL SYSTEM ENGINEERING etc