Ask Experts » Education » Professional Courses »

What is the best way go to BTech or AMIE

Date: 12 May 2016   Posted By: Jyothi Bommidepu     Group: Education    Category: Professional Courses   

I have completed Diploma in Computer Science Engineering and have got a job in TechM. Now what I wish to do either go to BTech nor AMIE. Some of my colleagues have suggested that if you go for BTech then you will have no chance to show your job experience to MNC.
Can you suggest which one is better?
Awaiting advice.

Confused between choosing between BTech or AMIE? On this Ask Expert page, you will get all the answers you are looking for.

Author: Pawan Kumar    14 May 2016      Member Level: Silver     Points : 2  (Rs 2)    Voting Score: 0

According to me AMIE is best option for you. AMIE stand for Associate Member of Institution of Engineers. It is equivalent to B.Tech and B.E. It is not a degree course like B.Tech. It is a certificate course. If you are working. I would suggest you to pursue AMIE because it does not require your full time. Disadvantages of AMIE is you can not apply for teaching jobs. Because it is a certification course equivalent to engineering degree. B.Tech through distance education is not valid for jobs in both sectors public and private sectors.

Author: Pawan Kumar    14 May 2016      Member Level: Silver     Points : 0    Voting Score: 0

For more details about AMIE visit this website
http://ieindia.org/

Author: Kailash Kumar    14 May 2016      Member Level: Platinum     Points : 3  (Rs 3)    Voting Score: 0

In my opinion the author should continue in the company mentioned by him and should never think about leaving the same until and unless a better option becomes available.
While continuing in the job, the author may complete AMIE which can be completed without leaving the job. AMIE is recognised as equivalent to B.Tech. or B.E. like engineering degrees. The author may study the website of the Institution of Engineers for finding out the full details about completing the AMIE program.
Apparently, it is not true that after doing AMIE, one cannot get teaching jobs. However the most important point for the author is to continue in the present job, despite hardships, if any, and don't think about leaving the same on one pretext or the other.