|Author: [Anonymous] 14 May 2016 Member Level: Gold Points : 3 (Rs 3) Voting Score: 0|
To disable the notification sound in case of Windows 8.1 OS, Please follow the steps:
1. Please move your mouse cursor to the top right corner to access the menu.
2. Click on the 'Settings', and then click 'Change PC Settings'
3. Under 'PC Settings' you will get various options. Click on 'Notifications'.
4. Now to disable the sound, move the slider to the left under 'Play notification sounds'
Hope it will help you out to resolve your issue.
|Author: Mahesh 16 May 2016 Member Level: Gold Points : 3 (Rs 3) Voting Score: 0|
I assume you are using Windows 7 or onward operating system. Follow the instruction in order to mute the notification and other sounds on your computer.
1. Right click on the "sound" icon.
2. Select "Sound" menu option.
3. In the sound dialog box. Select "Sounds" tab.
4. In the sound scheme choose "no sounds".
5. Save the sounds profile.
This should help you mute all the windows sound notifications. And you'll only normally hear the sounds from the typical players such as media player etc. Notification sounds are disabled with this profile. You can also create custom profile and mute some specific set of sounds.
|Author: Teja 16 May 2016 Member Level: Silver Points : 2 (Rs 2) Voting Score: 0|
Fortunately I am also using Windows 8.1 OS to answer your query. Here is the detailed explanation to disable the sound notification on your Laptop.
1) After opening your laptop, go to the "Control Panel" first. There you will find many options, from there Click on the "Sound" button.
2) After clicking the Sound tab, you will see the below options,
3) From there, click on "Sounds" option and then you will find many options under "Program Events". Choose the proper Program Event, the under this option you will see "Sounds" option. From the drop down choose "NONE" option and click on OK and APPLY finally.
|Author: Farheen Khan 19 May 2016 Member Level: Gold Points : 2 (Rs 2) Voting Score: 0|
From your description, I can guess which sound you are talking about. It is not an online sound but the sound played by windows when you try to perform a task that can not be completed at the moment. For example, if you try to close Microsoft Office Word if a dialogue box is open in it, then you will get this sound. It is like an alert sound which can be beneficial as it can notify you that an action you thought you have performed will actually not take place. Methods indicated in the above responses can help you mute this sound if you still want to get rid of it.