Ask Experts » Education » School Homework Help »

How do I write long articles after less editing and reviewing

Date: 14 May 2016   Posted By: neelam joshi     Group: Education    Category: School Homework Help   

I can easily write in forums and even 2-4 pages daily diary if I want to. But when it comes to writing articles I always get confused about how to narrate the whole thing in a proper way, even when I have a lot of content about a particular topic. When I finish and review an article I find a lot of things to edit and always think that I should have written these lines there or it could have been more better.
What should I do? How should I write things in a way so that when I review it I have less regrets?
Experts: do advice.

Having difficulty in writing long articles? Find responses from experts on this page.

Author: Kailash Kumar    15 May 2016      Member Level: Platinum     Points : 3  (Rs 3)    Voting Score: 0

The author should keep on writing articles in the way she is writing at present. The desirable results will come only by practicing. After writing say 50 articles, some improvement will be noticed which will go on increasing by reaching the next milestone of say writing 100 articles. Practice is the only solution to the given problem. Nothing else can help the way, practice will help. By repeatedly making mistakes, insight will get developed. Also the author may first try to write articles in the form of a word document instead of writing online. As a matter of fact the authors can write articles on the subject matters in which they have expertise. Identifying topics and then researching material from the net , takes more time in giving proper shape to the articles.

Author: [Anonymous]    16 May 2016      Member Level: Gold     Points : 4  (Rs 4)    Voting Score: 0

'Eat right and exercise' do you remember this? Yes, he is a doctor.
Likewise, we need to take proper guidance (through review process from editors) and practice more and more. Then only we can master over it.
Here are the points to consider:
  • First of all, you should have to read the topic, understand the topic and write it in your own style. Review it. That represents your level of understanding. If any changes that you have found then edit it. Go through the process again and again until you get satisfied.
  • Avoid writing long sentences. I think it is easy to better adding words to the sentence rather than writing in a separate line. So, try to avoid this. Instead of this you can shortened the sentences.
  • Keep in mind that every word that you are writing will fetch you some money. It will bring you more energy and you will become more powerful.
  • When new ideas coming into your mind you can easily add the sentence to the correct place of you write shorter sentences. Break the sentences into smaller one so that in the reviewing/editing process you can easily do changes.
  • Try to rewrite the passive voices. Words like generally, most etc. you should avoid. It sounds like your writing style is weak.
  • Move key points in the article which you have written to up. Only few points are the key points in the total article and that fetch readers attention.
  • Try to cite examples to the content. Text without examples look like it is dull. Actually, we are avoiding this because these will take much time and slow you down. In order to avoid this, you should allocate half of the time for research.
  • If the matter is very lengthy then try to use to add it in a bulleted list or numbered list. Or else you can also write as I will explain this content here.

All the above key points are very important and will be very useful while writing articles.

Author: Mahesh    16 May 2016      Member Level: Gold     Points : 3  (Rs 3)    Voting Score: 0

There are some of the good piece of advice in earlier answers. So let me give suggestion which is not yet discussed.

1. Write. Even if it has flaws. The more you write, the more you wish to write longer. And this habit of writing helps you make less errors.

2. Use small sentences. Bigger sentences require you to take more efforts in adjusting the words. Small and effective sentences help you with better expression of words.

3. Learn to express yourself on every small topic. Write on almost every topic you read on daily basis.

4. Have your own opinion around it. Make sure you present your opinion in simple and effective sentences.

5. Avoid using heavy words. Present your emotions in simple words. Using heavy words can be useful when you have command over the language.

6. Don't stop writing. If you stop writing then it becomes harder to get back to the habit of writing.

These are some tips that you can follow to write longer articles. Also do not be afraid of the review process. The editors are there for a reason. So it's their job to guide you and correct you where you are making mistakes. I suggest you to keep making mistakes and learn from them. And from that pattern avoid the same mistakes over again.