|Author: Phagu Mahato 15 May 2016 Member Level: Diamond Points : 3 (Rs 3) Voting Score: 0|
System Restore is one of the best system recovery tool that allows to reverse the changes on Windows operating system .You can follow the given steps to create a restore point in your system( Based on Windows 7 & Windows 8.1
 Go To Control Panel. Then, go to System and Security and choose System.
 Click the System Protection tab under System Properties option then click or tap the Create button in the Protection Settings section.
|Author: Mahesh 16 May 2016 Member Level: Gold Points : 2 (Rs 2) Voting Score: 0|
Here are the instructions to create restore point for your computer. I assume you have Windows 7 or onward installed on your computer.
1. Click on the windows button. Go to My Computer.
2. Right click on "My computer" and Select properties.
3. On properties dialog window, choose "System Protection".
4. Go to system restore part.
5. Click the button named "System restore".
6. Let the process finish.
7. Your new system restore point will be shown below the list box tab.
Whenever you want to revert to this system point, you can select from the number of system restore points in the list. You can also enable and disable the system protection on this tab.
|Author: [Anonymous] 16 May 2016 Member Level: Gold Points : 4 (Rs 4) Voting Score: 0|
- For window 8 and windows 10
- Press the windows button or click on the start
- Here type create a restore point through keyboard
- A dialogue box will open and named as System properties
- Now, click on the create button
- A new window will be open with a text box and two buttons (create, cancel)
- Type some description in the TextArea field and that will helps you to identify the system restore point
- Here, the date and time will be added automatically
- For window vista and windows 7Right click on My computer -> Properties -> System protection (which will opens the system properties dialogue box) -> click in create button.
Same as the above, you need to give some description in the textarea dialogue box which will helps you to identify whenever you need to rollback the contents in future.
- Windows XP usersClick Start -> All Programs -> Accessories -> System Tools - > System Restore ->System Restore window dialogue box will appear. Choose create a restore point. And then click on the button Next.
Here also, give some description in the textarea box for further needs.
|Author: Timmappa Kamat 17 May 2016 Member Level: Gold Points : 3 (Rs 3) Voting Score: 0|
Actually, you do not create a restore point manually for all standard conditions. Whenever you make any change to your system ( like installing new programs) the system creates a restore point on its own. While you are installing Windows updates, the system creates restore points.
However, if it is indeed needed to create the same, you may follow these steps on Windows 7 -
1. Right click on My Computer.
2. On the System Protection tab, locate the Create button and click on it.
3. Provide a description for the restore point and click on Create.
It will take some time to create a restore point. The system will let you know when it finished creating a restore point.
The similar procedure exists for the latest versions of Operating systems as well.
|Author: Farheen Khan 19 May 2016 Member Level: Gold Points : 3 (Rs 3) Voting Score: 0|
I would just like to add here that system restore is not going to affect your data files. It only works on services and applications. For example, if you have deleted a file by mistake. You can't get back that file by going to a earlier restore point. Therefore, if you want to protect your valuable data, you can -
1. Save it on a external hard drive and update the saved files on a regular basis.
2. Sync your data with OneDrive so that even in case of fault with your laptop, your files can be retrieved from any other device by logging into your OneDrive account. OneDrive account is the same as Microsoft account used to log in to Windows.
3. Keep uploading important files on other cloud storages like DropBox, GoogleDrive etc.
|Author: Pawan Kumar 20 May 2016 Member Level: Silver Points : 1 (Rs 1) Voting Score: 0|
If you want to create a restore point in your system First right-click on My Computer and go to Properties. And then click on the System Protection link. The System Properties dialog screen opens up and click on Create. Type in a description for the restore point which will help you remember the point at which is was created. It take time to create the restore point. Click or tap Close . The restore point was created.