Ask Experts » Education » India Educational Consultants »

Eligibility for double post graduation in same subject

Date: 16 May 2016   Posted By: jeet     Group: Education    Category: India Educational Consultants   

I did MA (English) with 45%. Now for Net Exam I require a minimum of 55%. Now for that, I want to do MA (English) once again from another university. Can I do so? If yes, then which degree will be valid for employment purpose - the first one or the second one?

Eager to pursue a second post graduate course in the same subject as earlier? Know from experts if this is possible to do so and which of the two would then be suitable qualification for a job.

Author: [Anonymous]    17 May 2016      Member Level: Diamond     Points : 2  (Rs 2)    Voting Score: 0

Yes, you can do double post graduation with same course and even same specialization. You only need to mentioned the purpose which is Improvement in your case.
After completion of the course, the later one will be valid because of its recent dates otherwise, the question may arise like what you did for this much time.
So, work hard and justify the double post graduation by scoring excellent marks.

Author: Kailash Kumar    17 May 2016      Member Level: Platinum     Points : 3  (Rs 3)    Voting Score: 0

The author may consider doing second MA in a different subject in which he finds himself more comfortable and is confident to score minimum 55% qualifying marks for NET examination. I am not sure if admission in MA (English) will be possible again by declaring that the author has already completed same degree from another university recognized by the UGC as the academic eligibility criteria for admission in MA(English) course in BA with English as one of the subjects. However, the author may do research to find out if any university if offering MA degree course in some specialized area like English Literature or such other specialty and admission to said course is possible on declaration of having completed MA(English) course. The other option is to go for completing Ph.D. as after completing Ph.D. there will no requirement of passing NET examination for lectureship post.

Author: [Anonymous]    17 May 2016      Member Level: Gold     Points : 3  (Rs 3)    Voting Score: 0

Yes. You should have 55% minimum to apply for NET examination. If you want to do any Govt. job then you should have 55% min. To write any examination. You can do another PG with the same subject or with any specialization. You should get minimum pass percentage 55 in that examination also. Otherwise you miss the other chance too. Don't try to waste your time. Focus your total attention on studies. So that you can get good job and bright career in future. You can show the second certificate (If you would like to do MA in English again). Try to do PhD on any topic which you like most. So that you can increase your opportunities. Once, you did PhD then no need to go for NET examination. If you qualify NET examination then you can do JRF through your good score.

Author: Sheo Shankar Jha    18 May 2016      Member Level: Gold     Points : 3  (Rs 3)    Voting Score: 0

Yes, you can do Post - graduation in the same subject in order to improve your skill. To be eligible for Lecturership, you have to secure a minimum percentage of 55 so that you can appear in NET test. You have to apply to the University - officials indicating your desire to reappear in Post - graduation with English for the sheer improvement purpose or alternatively you can take up other subject with which you have done your graduation and ensure that a minimum of 55 percent is achieved in the final examination. In that way, you will be eligible to appear in the NET test.
Persuing a Ph.D degree and by clearing the same, will exempt you from the minimum percentage prescribed for the NET test.

Author: DEEPANKAR DAS    24 May 2016      Member Level: Silver     Points : 2  (Rs 2)    Voting Score: 0

Yes you can do your PG in english for second time. You have to secure minium 55% marks in PG for appear in NET test. So, try your best for securing minimum 55% marks. You should show your first PG in your career CV/RESUME otherwise there is a gap of years in your career.
You can continue your PhD and clearing the same will exempt you from a minimum percentage for NET Test. Try to comlete your PhD in your own interest.Don't waste your time unnecessarily.

Post Answer

You must Sign In to post a response.

Post Answer        

Related Questions
  • Return to Question Index
  • Ask Question to Experts

  • Awards & Gifts
    Top Contributors
    TodayLast 7 Daysmore...

    Online Members

    K Mohan
    ISC Technologies, Kochi - India. © All Rights Reserved.