Ask Experts » Education » India Educational Consultants »

Admission in Computer Science and Engineering

Date: 17 May 2016    Group: Education    Category: India Educational Consultants   

I am a class 11 student. I am interested to do BTech in Computer science. My one eye is 6/6 and another is 6/60.I am not using defective eye to see. There is no chance to recover defective eye. I am not using glass. Am I eligible for admission in IIT/NIT/any other engineering college?
Awaiting advice.

Want to study BTech? Wondering about eligibility criteria of eye defect? Check out this Ask Expert page for advice.

Author: Kailash Kumar    20 May 2016      Member Level: Platinum     Points : 3  (Rs 3)    Voting Score: 0

First of all the author should consult an ophthalmologist for full examination and treatment of his condition. Nowadays advanced technology is available to correct the vision. It is not clear as to why the student is not using glasses. Is he using contact lenses? Has he consulted the ophthalmologist about lasik refractive surgery.
After clearing JEE(mains) and JEE(Advanced) examinations and securing admission in IITs, at the time of registration, the students are required to submit an undertaking and a medical certificate in prescribed formats which include examination of the eyes also by an ophthalmologist.
In case the author is confident about clearing the said examinations, then previous correspondence can be had with few IITs/NITs to ascertain the factual position about the vision requirements particularly taking into consideration that 3% seats are reserved even for the persons with disabilities.

Author: DEEPANKAR DAS    22 May 2016      Member Level: Silver     Points : 1  (Rs 1)    Voting Score: 0

At first consult to a ophthalmologist for treatment of eyes. He should do lasik refractive surgery.
After kept good rank in JEE(mains) and JEE(advanced) examinations and getting admissions in IITs/NITS/any engineering colleges ,students are required to submit a medical certificate in prescribed formats which include a declaration by eye specialist. If more defect is there then you should do admission through person with disabilities in which 3% seats are reserved.

Post Answer

You must Sign In to post a response.

Post Answer        

Related Questions
  • Return to Question Index
  • Ask Question to Experts

  • Awards & Gifts
    Top Contributors
    TodayLast 7 Daysmore...

    ISC Technologies, Kochi - India. © All Rights Reserved.