|Author: Kailash Kumar 20 May 2016 Member Level: Platinum Points : 3 (Rs 3) Voting Score: 0|
IRNSS is an regional navigation satellite system being developed in India by ISRO. It will provide accurate position information service to users in India. It is likely to prove useful in many services e.g. -
1. Vehicle tracking
2. Disaster Management
3. Integration with mobile phones for various applications
4. Marine navigation
5. Aerial navigation
6. Ground navigation
There are many more such possible uses. Also it can provide service in the region extending up to 1500 km from the boundary.
Regarding preparation of the project for his daughter, the author is advised to spare few hours and collect the information by using google search engine.
|Author: Pawan Kumar 21 May 2016 Member Level: Silver Points : 2 (Rs 2) Voting Score: 0|
IRNSS stand for Indian Regional Navigation Satellite System. It is an Indian developed Navigation Satellite System. It is used to provide accurate real-time positioning and timing services over India and region extending to 1500 km around India. It provide many services . some of the services are weather prediction, Land usage, Agriculture, Forestry and Conservation efforts, Disaster Management, Military Usage etc.
|Author: Timmappa Kamat 21 May 2016 Member Level: Gold Points : 6 (Rs 6) Voting Score: 0|
IRNSS stands for Indian Regional Navigation Satellite System. It is synonymous with the GPS which is the Global Positioning System developed by the US. A majority of countries worldwide use GPS for their navigation needs. With IRNSS, India has joined the select few nations which have their own navigation systems in place.
IRNSS is a constellation of seven satellites. There are many benefits associated with IRNSS -
1. Precise guiding of missiles and bombs or such gadgets.
2. Aid to the military in carrying out war or peacetime operations with precise location tracking.
3. Help the agriculturists in deciding proper soil type and weather so as to get better output.
4. It will help us get better time synchronisation.
5. Having our own Navigation system can be helpful in better disaster management. Having to depend on a foreign navigation system can be an impediment when handling such situations.