Ask Experts » Education » India Educational Consultants »

Transfer to another university

Date: 18 May 2016    Group: Education    Category: India Educational Consultants   

I have completed 2nd year BA from Nannayya university with HPG from a private college. Now I want to change college due to some issues. But no college is offering that group.
Can I write exams privately by applying direct to university or can I change university which has the same group?
Experts: do resolve my query.

Searching for information to change University? Check out advice from experts on this page.

Author: Kailash Kumar    20 May 2016      Member Level: Platinum     Points : 2  (Rs 2)    Voting Score: 0

Perhaps it may not be possible to change the university in the third year of the BA course. Therefore, in case it is permissibly by the university, the author may consider clearing the third year as a private student. However the best way to find out the correct information is to contact the office of the college itself where the student is studying at present. In case any disciplinary action is initiated by the present college due to involvement in any malpractice etc., then care should be taken to not to conceal any factual information from any authority at any stage.

Author: Sheo Shankar Jha    22 May 2016      Member Level: Gold     Points : 3  (Rs 3)    Voting Score: 0

As per university guide - line, once a course is initiated the same has to be finished without having dislocation of such a course from the same university. In your case, you may approach the Pricipal or Bursar indicating your actual reason for not being a regular student. Your genuine reason such as your father's or mother's illness may be considered in the event of non availability of help from other quarter. Under such circumstances, you may be granted the status of a Private - candidate for the appearance of examination.
The other sources of help may not be fruitful in your case. By changing the university and to start the course afresh would amount to total loss of the year apart from other unnecessary formalities of applying the college leaving certificate and even migration - certificate owing to change of the university.
I hope you would review the situation prior to taking up any concrete step.

Author: Partha Kansabanik    23 May 2016      Member Level: Diamond     Points : 1  (Rs 1)    Voting Score: 0

As per University rules, it is not possible to change University in the third year of Graduation. However, your University may allow you to complete your Graduation as a private candidate. You may immediately contact the offices of Registrar and Dean of Examinations of your University.

Post Answer

You must Sign In to post a response.

Post Answer        

Related Questions
  • Return to Question Index
  • Ask Question to Experts

  • Awards & Gifts
    Top Contributors
    TodayLast 7 Daysmore...

    Online Members

    Asha Kurian
    ISC Technologies, Kochi - India. © All Rights Reserved.