Is a post graduate certificate valid even without a Std X pass certificate?

Date: 18 May 2016   Posted By: Afshan Rehman     Group: Education    Category: India Educational Consultants   

I have cleared my MA (English) with distance education without writing my SSC exams. Now I want to study further but the main problem is I cannot go ahead without the SSC certificate. If I appear for the open SSC exam, does my MA certificate become invalid or it remains valid even after I appear & succeed in the SSC exam in this current year? Please guide me on this.

Completed MA but unsure if the degree is valid without a Std 10 certificate? Know from experts the answer to this query.

Author: Kailash Kumar    18 May 2016      Member Level: Platinum     Points : 0    Voting Score: 0

You may furnish more details in your question like from which institution you completed your MA degree and for what purpose you require your SSC data etc.

Author: Kailash Kumar    19 May 2016      Member Level: Platinum     Points : 3  (Rs 3)    Voting Score: 0

Apparently on passing the SSC examination at a later date will not make the MA examination passed earlier null and void since the same was earned by due procedure. However, the author has to take care to not to hide any information from any authority. Such an act is likely to create another problem of bigger proportion. I am not sure if while filling application form for SSC course, furnishing the factual details about all the examination passed previously like passing MA examination in the present case will create any hurdle. Also the reasons of the author going for SSC examination after passing MA examination is not clear and apparently doesn't make any sense.

Author: Mahesh    19 May 2016      Member Level: Gold     Points : 2  (Rs 2)    Voting Score: 0

Your open degree certificate requires you to have the SSC completed. Then you have to wait till the SSC is completed. If the distance education institute allows you to get admission without SSC certificate then should not be stopping you for the degree either. All you have to do is keep that degree aside. Do note that considering this is open university degree that doesn't verify the 10th and 12th status. I doubt the university has any credentials to either restrict you any further for the degree competition either. Your degree is not invalid but I'd not vouch for such open learning if it doesn't have specific process to admit the students.

Author: Partha Kansabanik    19 May 2016      Member Level: Diamond     Points : 3  (Rs 3)    Voting Score: 0

Earlier Masters degrees could be obtained through Open University System (OUS) even without clearing Xth level examination. Although the provision was there, I never found a single student who obtained his/her M.A degree from OUS without appearing in School-leaving examination. You are first such student with whom I have come into contact.

Later, due to various controversies, different Courts have asked the universities to discontinue the OUS education. So, regarding School-leaving examination, the matter may be checked informally with the concerned Board. In any case, in future, doubts will be raised because, from the certificate it could be ascertained that you obtained your MA degree prior to obtaining Xth degree. You have to clearly explain the OUS at that time.

Author: Vijay Kumar Vishwakarma    19 May 2016      Member Level: Gold     Points : 2  (Rs 2)    Voting Score: 0

As an academician, I have a question. How you have applied for MA without having SSC certificate? All the institution (distance, government, private, etc.) require SSC/10th class certificate to give the admission in any degree course on the basis of 10th and 12th school certificate. IF you have done MA without your SSC certificate, then it is invalid and that distance learning institution is fake. It is my humble request that you should report to UGC with your degree and the name of that institution which provide you the degree of MA without having SSC certificate.

Author: Sheo Shankar Jha    20 May 2016      Member Level: Gold     Points : 2  (Rs 2)    Voting Score: 0

In your case, it appears strange for me that you were allowed to appear in your M.A. Examination without appearing your Matriculation Examination. This appears to be a strange situation. Take the case of IGNOU or Utkal University, distance education- they follow the rigid norm to verify your all previous certificates including your Matriculation - examination prior to your appearance for M.A examination.
The university from where you have earned your M.A degree should have scrutinised all your previous qualifications.
Now to have a further clarification in this regard, you may contact UGC officials for further guidance.

Author: Sheo Shankar Jha    21 May 2016      Member Level: Gold     Points : 3  (Rs 3)    Voting Score: 0

The university from where you have earned your M.A degree should have scrutinised all your previous qualification.