Ask Experts » Education » Professional Courses »

Is my certificate valid

Date: 19 May 2016   Posted By: Afshan Rehman     Group: Education    Category: Professional Courses   

I have cleared my MA (English) with distance education without writing my SSC exams. Now I want to study further but there is a problem. I cannot go ahead without the SSC certificate. If I appear for the open SSC exam, does my MA certificate become invalid or it remains valid even after I appear and succeed in the SSC exam in this current year? What should I do now?
Experts: do assist.

Worried about validity of your MA certificate? Find advice from experts on this page.

Author: Kailash Kumar    20 May 2016      Member Level: Platinum     Points : 2  (Rs 2)    Voting Score: 0

Generally MA programs offered by IGNOU in distance learning mode require a graduates degree as eligibility criteria. Since it is not made clear by the author as from which university/institute, he has completed MA program, it is not possible to know if the MA degree earned by him is a recognised degree or not. Therefore first of all it will have to be seen that whether the degree earned by the author is legally recognised or not. It is also pertinent to know as to what was his qualification prior to earning his MA degree. Had the author earned any graduation degree prior to earning MA degree or not? No specific opinion can be offered in absence of full particulars.

Author: Partha Kansabanik    21 May 2016      Member Level: Diamond     Points : 3  (Rs 3)    Voting Score: 0

Most probably, you have obtained your Masters degree through Open University System (OUS). Earlier Masters degrees could be obtained through OUS even without clearing Xth level examination. Although the provision was there, I never found a single student who obtained his/her MA degree from OUS without appearing in School-leaving examination. You are first such student with whom I have come into contact.

Later, due to various controversies, different Courts have asked the universities to discontinue the OUS education. So, regarding School-leaving examination, the matter may be checked informally with the concerned Board. In any case, in future, doubts would be raised because from your certificates, it could be noticed that you obtained your MA degree prior to obtaining Xth degree. You have to clearly explain the OUS at that time when such doubts would be raised.

Author: Vijay Kumar Vishwakarma    23 May 2016      Member Level: Gold     Points : 2  (Rs 2)    Voting Score: 0

Duplicate query. The answer to your question has already been given in the question you asked, pervously.
Is a post graduate certificate valid even without a Std X pass certificate?

Reference: http://www.indiastudychannel.com/experts/41344-Is-a-post-graduate-certificate-valid-even-without-a-Std-X-pass-certificate.aspx