What is the scope of BMM in India? What is the best we need for that?

Date: 20 May 2016    Group: Education    Category: India Educational Consultants   

Hi, I am Nikhil.
I have completed my 10+2.
I am thinking to opt BMM.
I am good at videography and I love to show people what I see through my camera.
My videography and photography skills are good, but my communication skills are a bit average and not so good.
Should I stick with BMM or anything else?

Completed 10+2, BMM, good videography skills, poor communication skills

Author: Kailash Kumar    25 May 2016      Member Level: Platinum     Points : 3  (Rs 3)    Voting Score: 0

The author will have to improve/polish his communications skills for becoming successful during pursing Bachelor of Mass Media (BMM) course which is very much possible by making conscience efforts. However. he/she should join the course only if there is true passion for the subject and for no other reason. Once an individual develops a passion for anything then nothing remains impossible. Any course which is pursued with total dedication, hard work and sincerity is rewarding at the end. One should not attempt to sail on two boats simultaneously. There is stiff competition in all fields of career and only outstanding students are able to get decent employment. Completing any degree is no guarantee for getting a job. Jobs are offered on the basis of acquired capability. Self employment options are always better compared to jobs, but first practical experience should be acquired by working in some reputed organization.
Take a firm decision to complete the course of your choice and once decided, never compare it with other options.

Author: Mahesh    27 May 2016      Member Level: Gold     Points : 3  (Rs 3)    Voting Score: 0

BMM definitely has a scope. As the world is progressing ahead the content presented in audio and video is getting priority. So you should definitely improve on your communication skills. And this should get your BMM career ahead.

There are many companies using the BMM graduates for the content marketing campaigns. Not only companies but also political parties, NGO and other small business use the video and audio content for the distribution or awareness. There is a lot of scope in this field. You can either start your own content marketing firm or you can join other companies who are into this sort of projects.

In order to excel in mass media, you have to make sure you are creative all the time. You also need to focus on the communication skill. Though you're going to be behind the camera if you're not performing but you need english and other soft skills in order to stay relevant and excel in this work.