Ask Experts » Science and Technology » Technology »

How to convert word file( .doc) into .pdf?

Date: 20 May 2016   Posted By: Ganesh     Group: Science and Technology    Category: Technology   

I have prepared my project in word file(.doc) format. But there are some difficulties during printing. My friend said that pdf format was better to take print. It is difficult to copy paste. I want to know the tips and trick for convert this file from word file(.doc) to pdf with best quality.
Experts: do respond.

Want to convert word to pdf format? Find solution from experts on this page.

Author: neelam joshi    25 May 2016      Member Level: Gold     Points : 1  (Rs 1)    Voting Score: 0

There are lot of software and apps availabel in market and on the internet with which you can easily convert word file into pdf.
One such eg is- Nitro pdf converter
which I prefer to use for my college assignments and projects.As pdf format is more convinient for transfer and printing purposes.

Author: Mahesh    25 May 2016      Member Level: Gold     Points : 3  (Rs 3)    Voting Score: 0

It is true that PDF is much better format to print. Also it is the format that can't get virus unlike Word document. So let me put the instructions for you to convert the file.

I assume that you have Word 2010 or Word 2013 installed on your operating system. All you have to do is open the document and follow the instructions below.

1. Click on File menu button.
2. Click on Save As menu option.
3. Choose the location to save your PDF file.
4. Now the dialog that opens, choose "Save as type" to "PDF".
5. Name your document.
6. Click on Save button.

And this takes around few seconds to convert your Word document into the PDF file. By default the Word PDF driver will use the highest quality PDF resolution. And you'd find better quality document printed in PDF format.

Author: Pawan Kumar    25 May 2016      Member Level: Silver     Points : 4  (Rs 4)    Voting Score: 0

There are many methods to convert word document into pdf. Some of methods are : Using Word 2007 first open the file you want to save. Now click the File button in the top left corner of Word. Now go to Save As. Then go to PDF or XPS. Type the desired file name and adjust settings. Choose Minimum Size if you wish to reduce the size and quality. Now Click on Save. This will convert your document.
Using PDF Conversion Website First go to a free PDF conversion website. click Browse to locate the desired
Word file. Provide your email address if necessary. Some sites will email the file directly to your inbox. Click Convert and wait for it to process. Check your file. Check the website for your converted file; otherwise, look for the file in your inbox.
Using Google Drive First Open the Google Drive site. Then sign in with a Google account. Now click the Upload button. Browse for your document. Select the file you would like to convert and click Open button. After the document has finished uploading and converting, it will appear in the My Drive view. Now download the document as a
PDF.
Using Adobe Acrobat First Open a file in an Office application. Click Create PDF in the Acrobat ribbon. Select Protect PDF in the resulting dialog box.In the next dialog box, set up a password and file permissions as desired to restrict people from copying or editing the file. Now click on OK, name the PDF file, and save it in a desired location.

Author: Krishna Teja Yeluripati    08 Jun 2016      Member Level: Gold     Points : 3  (Rs 3)    Voting Score: 0

To convert a word document to a pdf file, there are many web sites and free softwares available in the internet. Also, there are some mobile apps which does that.

Web Sites
www.freepdfconvert.com/
www.pdfonline.com/convert-pdf/
www.wordtopdf.com/
www.smallpdf.com/word-to-pdf/
www.convertonlinefree.com/

Softwares
Nitro PDF Converter (Highly Used)
Free PDF to Word Document Converter

Hope this answer helps.