Ask Experts » Education » Professional Courses »

What to do after diploma in civil engineering??

Date: 21 May 2016    Group: Education    Category: Professional Courses   

I have completed my diploma in civil engineering.but I have 3 backlogs which I can clear by next what shall I do . should I choose a job or should I I eligible to do job.which company will offer a job for me.what is the course BE .can I do it.what is course about??

Confused what to do after pursuing Diploma in Civil Engineering. Get few suggestions from our experts here.

Author: Kailash Kumar    25 May 2016      Member Level: Platinum     Points : 2  (Rs 2)    Voting Score: 0

The author should do hard work for clearing all the backlogs to earn his/her diploma first. Simultaneously he/she should devote sometime daily for searching a suitable job which require a diploma as the minimum eligibility criteria. Such jobs can be searched on online portals like ISC. Advertisements published in news papers should also be looked into.
In case the author fulfills the eligibility criteria of minimum percentage of marks etc., then he/she submit applications against all such openings till he/she is able to get a job. Efforts should be made for getting jobs in local firms/companies also by contacting them personally.
Any job which is offered should be accepted even if it is at a remote place and requires hard work or inconvenience. Continuing in a job will accumulate experience which will be useful for getting better jobs in future. Also continuing in a job will enable the author to earn money for paying fees and meeting other expenses. While doing a job, the author can complete AMIE in distance learning mode which is equivalent to an engineering degree program.

Author: Ganesh    26 May 2016      Member Level: Silver     Points : 2  (Rs 2)    Voting Score: 0

I think you should choose BE course,Its better. Because now you have only diploma. If you complete BE course,You should get better career opportunities.And you can try both diploma and Graduation level jobs.But an important thing that as compare to diploma course,BE syllabus is too big.So you should work very hard.Its a better opportunity. I hope you should try the best choice. All the best for your future career.

Author: Sheo Shankar Jha    26 May 2016      Member Level: Gold     Points : 2  (Rs 2)    Voting Score: 0

Your foremost task is to clear the existing back logs so that you are awarded the diploma. Then you may look out for a job - advertisements in the leading English News Papers or you can have glance over job - portals in order to secure any job of your interest. The best option would be to accept the job without considering the package that the employer is offering for the job. Your main concentration is to acquire experience in the area of constructional activities related to Civil Engineering and with the progress of time you are likely to secure a job carrying attractive packages. While doing a job, you may start your studies of AMIE, which is considered to be at par with BE. The best part of sustaining AMIE is that this can be done in your free time and the degree is recognised by the central - government for both higher studies such as ME and for the prospects of the job.

Author: Mahesh    27 May 2016      Member Level: Gold     Points : 4  (Rs 4)    Voting Score: 0

You need to finish the diploma and get some job experience. It is always better to do internship or job during the backlog year. Also you should consider opting for the degree. The reason being unless you get the degree less options are going to be open for you. And you need more options for your career and finance in future.

Most logical approach would be to finish the diploma and opting for the further degree in Civil. Also you can go ahead and do MBA if you're planning for management in Civil jobs. Another good option is to try for government jobs. Government job can be one good option and should not be ignored at all.

If by any chance you'd be able to get the degree admission, then doing AMIE in Civil would be another alternative. And you can do that while working for someone or for yourself. One more option for architecture and Civil student is "Interior design" diploma. It is usually 1 year diploma and in some cases 2 year or 1 and half year. It depends on university but there are some of the campus placements in this field too.

Post Answer

You must Sign In to post a response.

Post Answer        

Related Questions
  • Return to Question Index
  • Ask Question to Experts

  • Awards & Gifts
    Top Contributors
    TodayLast 7 Daysmore...

    ISC Technologies, Kochi - India. © All Rights Reserved.