Ask Experts » Entertainment » Music »

Want to become the best singer

Date: 21 May 2016   Posted By: patel khervi milanbhai     Group: Entertainment    Category: Music   

I want to become a singer but I don't have any good teacher who can teach me singing. I also want to complete my study but it is not possible to do both at the same time. If I leave my study can I become the best singer? What can I do if I cannot become a singer than will my whole career be lost?
Experts: can you suggest what to do?

Confused between choosing studies and a career in singing? Get advice from experts here on this page.

Author: Kailash Kumar    25 May 2016      Member Level: Platinum     Points : 2  (Rs 2)    Voting Score: 0

Bhatkhande Music Institute is a deemed university located at Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh. It offers education in the field of music from certificate level to Ph.D. level.
Applications for admission in two years course for the academic year 2016 are presently open. The last date for receiving of admission application form with late fee is 6 July and admission test will be conducted during the period 9 July to 17 July.
Without formal training, it may difficult to become a successful singer. Another option for the author is to keep an eye for announcement of singing reality shows conducted/organised by various television channels and try his/her luck through that route.

Author: Venkiteswaran.    26 May 2016      Member Level: Diamond     Points : 6  (Rs 6)    Voting Score: 0

The first I suggest is : do not leave your academic study. Continue your education and study well like any other student.

First ensure whether you have singing talent. You would have heard your friends and relatives tell about it if you have the talent. You can start participating in school level, inter-school level singing competitions. There you will come into contact with other students and parents and even music teachers. From then you can know more and get a teacher to study music.

Most TV channels are telecasting reality shows in music and singing. Watch their announcements and apply for their audition tests. If selected you may get chance to perform in the shows. Your talent and effort can take you to higher levels. Some channels also help in training the competing students to some extent.

Even if you don't get selected at first, you get to meet other students and know where you stand. By the interactions you can come to know many things that will help you realise your musical travel.

There are many institutions who give degree courses in music. Please search for them at relevant time. For basic learning, many local schools have music teachers and there will be many people who have learned music but not taken it as carer and able to teach basic lessons of music.

Only those with real talent , hard work and discipline and of course a little luck only can sustain to stay as best singer. Even if you are not best, if you are good then also you can have a musical carer. But please do more enquiries in this regard with people who know about this, plan well and then move ahead.

Author: Partha Kansabanik    26 May 2016      Member Level: Diamond     Points : 3  (Rs 3)    Voting Score: 0

My suggestions are as under:-

(i) Continue your academic pursuit. Preferably take Music as a subject in X+II, Graduation and Post-Graduation.
(ii) Search a Guru in the city of your residence for serious training in Indian classical music (Hindustani/Karnatic).
(iii) You can also join Bhatkhande school branches/Prayag Sangeet school branches/Saraswati Sangeet school branches for training. These organisations are considered reliable.
(iv) After adequate training, start giving audition in radio and television.
(v) Have patience. Prepare yourself properly for the long but beautiful journey.

Author: [Anonymous]    26 May 2016      Member Level: Diamond     Points : 3  (Rs 3)    Voting Score: 0

There is no short cuts for long journey of success. One has to follow the complete path.
So, please complete your basic studies at least till your graduation. This will help you in future to establish yourself.
You have not mentioned about you qualification. You can consider Music as your specialization in your course. This will give you structured education in your field of interest and you will be able to score good marks.

Now days, there is a lot of competition in the field of music. Many T.V. channels are conducting live singing contest every year for all kind of age groups. So to get established in this filed, one needs to be extra ordinary.
So, you need to prepare that way and must have a back up option to support your life in negative situations.

Author: Mahesh    27 May 2016      Member Level: Gold     Points : 4  (Rs 4)    Voting Score: 0

Singing like most of the arts, require hard work. Much more hard work than job or business. The reason being there is no alternative or shortcut to having a good voice. None at all. You have to get your voice to such level that other people would like to listen to you. That's the only way for a person to be a good singer.

Don't ignore the referrals and networking. Most of the time you get chance to perform only because of someone recommending you. And that should not be ignored. You need to be ready to sing with better voice quality even if suddenly someone asks you to sing. Being that much prepared will help a lot in your career.

Start by taking lessons from the experts around you. Then move on to higher step and do some stage shows. And then participate in the reality shows if you manage to prove yourself. That is pretty much the case for the singing career. You have constantly put the best of yourself in the market. Unless your voice remains good, you can't be a good singer. You have to sing songs that make people like your voice.

Author: Jeets    04 Aug 2016      Member Level: Gold     Points : 5  (Rs 5)    Voting Score: 0

There are two type of singers, one who are born talented the second who become singer after their hard work in depth of interest in singing. You have not told what kind of singer you are or what you have achieved so far in singing?

However, Search this question within you. Are you good enough to call yourself a basic singer as per the situation given by you?

If you have not yet started learning the singing, start it. Even if you don't find the best teacher, I am sure you will get at least someone qualified who can guide you. Just leaving your study will not do good in any case.

If you confident yourself that you are a good singer, just taste your ability. Check recording studios in your city, visit them, meet them and tell them you are a singer and want to upgrade yourself in this field. Actually, recording studios people required singers or new voice time to time for small ads or for chorus singing. They will record your voice and keep it with them and as per their requirement they might call you if they really needed your kind of voice. Here, I may not guarantee you that you will get success soon, but try this what I said. start if from very low level, and achieve it with your hard work. If your voice is really good and you are a good singer, I tell you nothing can stop you achieving your goal. Try to meet music field people, get connected with them.

Make your videos and upload in social site so that your known people come to know about your singing abilities.

Anything you will get with your hard work and interest with lots of patient. If you have all these quality, you can try it out your luck in music field.

All the best and good luck.