Ask Experts » Health » Beauty »

Is hair transplant safe and effective?

Date: 21 May 2016   Posted By: Ganesh     Group: Health    Category: Beauty   

I started to lose my hair at the age of 19-20. I tried medicines and oil,but can't prevent hair loss.
Now i lost almost 60% of hair and age @ 24 years. It hurts quite a bit. Two months ago, I went to a dermatologist who recommended hair transplantation.So I want to know its success,side effect,cost.....etc.

Hair loss, early age, age 24 years, Dermatologist, hair loss, success,side effect, and cost of hair transplant.

Author: neelam joshi    29 May 2016      Member Level: Gold     Points : 2  (Rs 2)    Voting Score: 0

Though the hair transplantation is an expensive treatment as compared to normal medication available in the market for hair growth but yes it is effective.
But I am not sure about that wether this technology is well established in India or not as there are lot of actors,cricketers and celebrities who have undergone this therapy but they went abroad for these transplantation.
One such e.g you can see is Virendra sehwag who was in the newa at that time in every second channel when he did hair transplant.
I think you should get all the details from doctor about the whole procedure availabel in India and in abroad and if there is any difference will it have any effects.