Ask Experts » Education » Professional Courses »

Which is the best course to get a good job MBA or MTECH

Date: 22 May 2016   Posted By: Janani c     Group: Education    Category: Professional Courses   

I completed my BTech by this and I am very confused about selecting a PG course, either MBA or MTech. My interest is to complete MTech and lead my career as a professor, but few of my seniors said me that no job opportunities for a professor. What can I do now either to do MBA or Mtech?

B.Tech completed, PG course selection, confusion about MBA or MTech, career options as a professor.

Author: Kailash Kumar    28 May 2016      Member Level: Platinum     Points : 2  (Rs 2)    Voting Score: 0

Ideally intensive search for a job should be started after completing B.Tech. and higher studies can be pursued through distance learning mode.
National Institute of Electronics & Information Technology offers 'C' level courses which are equivalent to M.Tech. degree and IGNOU offers MBA program through online mode.
Generally the students who find it difficult to get a job after B.Tech. face challenges in getting a job after post graduation also in case drastic changes are not made in the manner of study.
Both M.Tech. and MBA offer comparable opportunities in jobs , but for outstanding students only as the competition is stiff even after completing post graduation.
Also selection of course should be based on the aptitude of the candidate instead of from employability point of view.
M.Tech. and MBA are two totally different fields. Candidates only with very strong technical foundation at graduation level should opt for M.Tech. course for meaningful results.
The author may consider clearing NET also for career as Assistant Professor at entry level.

Author: Joyshree    28 May 2016      Member Level: Gold     Points : 2  (Rs 2)    Voting Score: 0

You should have mentioned the stream that you passed your B.Tech in. Without knowing your stream it is very difficult to suggest a stream. In fact, suggestion of MBA or M.Tech without knowing the stream you pursued earlier or the stream that you have a passion to study further, would be incorrect.

Anyways, based on the current market scenario, I would suggest that you pursue an MBA. Pursuing MBA from a foreign university will help you more than pursuing the same here. The job opportunities will get better if you pass MBA from a well reputed foreign university. If you wish to do so, then start preparing for international MBA entrance examination, which is the GMAT.

Lastly, your seniors are right. You have very few vacancies for professor positions. So it is better not to waste your time looking for lecturer positions or teaching jobs. The pay package is also much less than MBA freshers. If you don't believe you can go through job vacancies available in Bangalore or Gujarat. You will know the real scenario for yourself.

Author: Sheo Shankar Jha    28 May 2016      Member Level: Gold     Points : 3  (Rs 3)    Voting Score: 0

Your immediate effort should be to get a job. Though you have not indicated your stream with which you have done graduation in Engineering. However, you can look out for a job in a software - field provided you have an inclination for it. The employers of the Software - firm don't mind even by recruiting the engineers without having a degree in Computer Engineering. You should be smart in your reply before the panel of experts so that you get a placement in a top fortune company.
Depending upon the organisation with which you are attached, you may get a chance to complete executive MBA programme sponsored by the company. If such situation develops, you must avail of it. The expenses would be borne out by the management.
However, prior to taking up MBA programme, make your distinct position in the organisation so that you are selected for sponsorship for the MBA programme. Your Engineering - degree followed by your MBA programme with a reputed Institute would acclerate your promotional prospects.

Author: Bhushan    31 May 2016      Member Level: Gold     Points : 1  (Rs 1)    Voting Score: 0

You haven't mention any stream. I think to pursue M.Tech is a wise thing and after pursuing your chances will get increase to get Jobs for the faculty position as a Technical education it will always an asset rather than Masters in Business Administration as you are a B.Tech holder you are already graduated Technical degree in computers side so it is good to go for M.Tech.