Bsc agriculture or btech biotechnology or B pharm or PharmD?

Date: 22 May 2016   Posted By: Raj Jain     Group: Education    Category: India Educational Consultants   

Sir/Ma'am,
I have completed my 12th in 2015 ie last year with 86% in PCB.
I took a year gap in preparation of medical entrance exam, but my results would be announced by 17th August 2016. till that admission in all other fields would be completed. I am not sure in getting admission in MBBS. So, I want to book a seat in another field?
Please help in choosing the best options from Bsc agriculture(from government college in Madhya pradesh) or B.tech-biomedical engineering(VIT Vellore) or B.Tech biotechnology(VIT Vellore) or B pharma(manipal) or PharmaD(manipal)?
what would be best for my future? Salary wise? job wise? Masters or PHD needed?
Please reply as Early as possible.
Any other course you want to suggest in INDIA or Abroad?

Raj Jain

completed 12th with PCB, year gap for medical preparation, delay in entrance examination results, not sure in getting admission in MBBS

Author: Kailash Kumar    28 May 2016      Member Level: Platinum     Points : 4  (Rs 4)    Voting Score: 0

All the options i.e. B.Sc. (Agriculture) from Government college in Madhya Pradesh, B.Tech (Biomedical Engineering) or B.Tech. Biotechnology from VIT, Vellore or B. Pharma./Pharma. D. from Manipal are outstanding provided admission is secured in either of the said courses. However in case the author is able to get admission in all of the said courses, then in my opinion the following should be the order of the priority though primarily it depends on the aptitude and willingness of the author to do outstanding hard work in the chosen course-
1. B.Sc. (Agriculture) from Government college ( because it is a Government college and admission will be based on merit basis)
2. B.Tech. Biotechnology from VIT, Vellore
3. B.Tech (Biomedical Engineering) from VIT, Vellore
4. B. Pharma. from Manipal
5. Pharma. D. from Manipal
It may be noted that one bird in hand is always better than two in the bush. Therefore whatever course is available out of above, should be taken and outstanding hard work should be done to clear the course by securing at least one among top five positions.
There is nothing like best in absolute terms. The one in which a student is able to get admission is best for him/her.
Also at this stage the author need not think about salary or Ph.D. etc. The future will depend on the performance at graduation level. Therefore best possible efforts should be made at graduation level. Salary will depend on the amount of hard work put in the studies during graduation level.