Ask Experts » Career Guidance » Engineering Jobs »

What are the options after BTech in computer engineering?

Date: 26 May 2016    Group: Career Guidance    Category: Engineering Jobs   

I am in the last year of computer engineering and I am not very good at coding. I was thinking about MBA after BTech but in India MBA is valuable only from top colleges. My results are not so good since I have got 60% only.
Are there any job options for me without coding? And if yes how should I prepare for that? What type of courses should I do after BTech? What is the scope of these jobs in India. I am not so good at drawing also. So graphic designing is not for me. Should I take a gap year after BTech to prepare for CAT? Or should I do courses to get a job?
Awaiting advice.

Searching for non coding job options after BTech CS? On this Ask Expert page, you will get all the advice you are looking for.

Author: sushma    27 May 2016      Member Level: Gold     Points : 3  (Rs 3)    Voting Score: 0

If you are interested in further studies, you can opt for Mtech or MBA. To join any of these courses, your percentage doesn't matter but how you perform in entrance exam. For Mtech you can prepare and appear for GATE and PGCET. Based on ranking, you can join some good colleges. To join MBA, you can appear for CAT and PGCET. But doing MBA should be from reputed colleges like IIM, symbiosis as not all the MBA colleges are standard.
If you want to start earning and if you don't want to get into coding then you can go for software testing. You can join a course in some good institute and learn testing. But make sure you also learn automation testing like selenium, QTP as company doesn't look for manual testing alone. You can also learn embedded testing, database testing etc.
One more option for you to go into networking by taking CCNA certification. If you like to go into government sector, then you can prepare and appear for banking exams like IBPS.