Ask Experts » Opinion About » Miscellaneous »

Shankhpushpi's benefits and side effects?

Date: 27 May 2016   Posted By: Rahul     Group: Opinion About    Category: Miscellaneous   

Shankhpushpi is Indian herb and famous in ayurveda. Shankhpushpi syrup which also contains brahmi is available in market. Various brand are selling Shankhpushpi. Please explain health benefits and side effects of this Shankhpushpi syrup?
Experts: do respond.

Looking out for information about Shankhpushpi? Find responses from experts here, on this page.

Author: Saji Ganesh    27 May 2016      Member Level: Diamond     Points : 1    Voting Score: 0

Thread being shifted to Ask Expert section.
@Rahul, please take note of and follow instructions to improve your contents.

Author: gsadhiks    30 May 2016      Member Level: Silver     Points : 2  (Rs 2)    Voting Score: 0

Hello,
I have heard and also used shankhpushpi during my school days. It is there since ages. I used to take it for my entire educational career. I don't find any drastic change in it. It just a memory tonic. We can take it regularly, there is no side effects but at the same time no such toooo goood result also. Its a normal one where every body can use.
My advice is that instead of using all this temporary memory tonic. Its better we practice yoga daily which helps in health and even in concentration. According to me any work if we do it in full concentration, the work will have success.
God has booned human being's with wonderful memory. Let utilize it in any good form instead of using all these temporary memory tonic.

Author: Mahesh    30 May 2016      Member Level: Gold     Points : 3  (Rs 3)    Voting Score: 0

Shankhapushpi doesn't have any side effects. It is herbal liquid and it only helps with memory. Also it does help with sleep too. That is why many oil makers are using the shankhapushpi extracts in their oil. It keeps your head cool and eventually releases toxins out of your surface. This helps in keeping the stress out of the body. There are many other benefits to it apart from the memory. However you should practice proactively in order to keep the memory active. Make sure you choose the indian brand instead of using any imported brand considering often they use chemicals instead of herbal products.