Ask Experts » Computers » Blog and websites »

How do I become a coder after 12th

Date: 27 May 2016   Posted By: Kapil Ahir     Group: Computers    Category: Blog and websites   

In 2012 I have dropped diploma engineering. In 2015 I gave 12th Arts exams but got 3 backlogs. I tried again and I passed. I am 22 now and want to start earning money in IT field. Now I am confused about further studies like BCA or to opt for a private course.
I am interested in IT courses specially web developing or android developing. I want to become a coder. Which course will make me fulfil my dreams?

Wondering how to get into IT field after 12th Arts? Find responses from experts on this page.

Author: Mahesh    31 May 2016      Member Level: Gold     Points : 3  (Rs 3)    Voting Score: 0

BCA can be a good option for the graduation. Also if you choose any other stream due to lack of admission in BCA. Then doing the MCA in post graduation can be a good option. Computer science BSC or BSC IT can be another good option. I'd say there are many ways you can go to the coding career.

Apart from that you can have no technical background and get hired for the coding job. This happens with most of the tech placements outside the campus. And it can be really good for you if you are serious with the career.

You can also learn coding externally on your own. All you have to do is learn java or any other programming language of your choice. Just make sure that you get job to test your skills. That works much better for the job experience and building your resume.

Author: Raja    05 Jun 2016      Member Level: Silver     Points : 3  (Rs 3)    Voting Score: 0

Goodday Kapil Ahir,
See if there is a option to continue the Diploma Engineering course. Do ask for the IT in Diploma in Engineering. If you say you are interested in studies in Diploma in IT, there might be a chance the institution give you the group. After opt for the B.E(IT) the basic for the IT field. This has more weightage than BCA. Since the BE is professional degree when compared to BCA. The duration for BE is four years and BCA is three years.
Even though if you are not convenienced taking the dropped course BCA can become a better option. Simultaneously take the courses from the private institutes like NIIT a better to learn coding and programming.
Taking JAVA or C#,ASP.net,VB.net along with the database like ORACLE, MS ACCESS, MYSQL,SQL, along with different operating systems along with android operating system is also good.
Programming can be learnt from the w3schools.com where you can view the output then and there after coding. This will give you a good package during the career option.

All the best

Author: Santosh Kumar Singh    19 Jun 2016      Member Level: Gold     Points : 2  (Rs 2)    Voting Score: 0

I think BCA to MCA is best option for coder but you need one advance diploma course to know all about new technology and language.

I did MCA and I am coder and I like to become code because its increase our learning strength.

BE option is to select software engineering then its good. As per my opinion BCA to MCA is best option. Only BCA is not good. If you do MBA And MCA after BCA that will also best.

Author: Sheo Shankar Jha    19 Jun 2016      Member Level: Gold     Points : 3  (Rs 3)    Voting Score: 0

To start with BCA is the best option for the continuance of IT exposure. However, you need to pass your 10+2 along with Mathematics so that you can understand the computer related problems. Since BCA is a three year degree course and as such there will be enough exposure for you in the IT field. Further taking up MCA after BCA, would provide you enough oppurtunity to be familiar with coding. But you must ensure that you must continue your studies in some reputed institution so that you can be aware of different languages apart from familiarity with the coding language.
Alternatively, you can acquire diploma from either NIIT or APTECH and later the advanced diploma can be taken up for your acquaintence in the coding module.