Guidelines for seeking admission in M.Tech

Date: 30 May 2016    Group: Education    Category: India Educational Consultants   

I have completed my BE this year. Now, I want to do MTech from a very good college like IIT Bombay or COEP. But I have not qualified GATE. I can give GATE exam next year also. But I don't want to waste my this year doing nothing. I can do a job for one year and give GATE and do MTech next year. But with job it will be difficult for me to study for GATE exam.
What should I do? Should I do job or join a class for GATE and do a part time job or internship? Or is there any another good advice you have?
Experts: do suggest.

Want to study MTech? Searching for guidelines for seeking admission? Find responses from experts on this page.

Author: Sheo Shankar Jha    31 May 2016      Member Level: Gold     Points : 4  (Rs 4)    Voting Score: 0

The current time has to be utilised in a proper way. If you have a passion for a job for a short period, you can do the same. However, much time is to be devoted to the preparation of GATE test keeping in mind of achieving high percentile for the said test. In order to achieve the same, you may have postal coaching of some of eminenent Institutes. You can surf the Internet in order to locate such institutes.
To my knowledge, Vani Institute and TIME can be joined for best postal tuttion. However, never be confined to study material provided by them, you may take consultation of Senior professors in this regard. With some practice, you can improve your percentile to the extent of 95 or beyond more. Such a grand scoring in the GATE test would entitle you to get a prestigious institute to sustain your studies in M.Tech. If possible, you may try IIT for your persuance of M.Tech. so that you may get a due recognition for your achievement.

Author: Bhushan    31 May 2016      Member Level: Gold     Points : 2  (Rs 2)    Voting Score: 0

You have n't mention M.Tech in which program like Computers , Electronics If you want pursue in Computer science there is a chance even though you haven't pass the GATE exam .You can still pursue the M.TECH where National Institute of Electronics and Information Technology NIELIT previously called as D.O.E.A.C.C can have a C-level which is equivalent to M.Tech computers. Refer to the below URL http://www.indiastudychannel.com/resources/169552-Information-about-National-Institute-of-Electronics-and-Information-Technology.aspx

Author: Kailash Kumar    31 May 2016      Member Level: Platinum     Points : 3  (Rs 3)    Voting Score: 0

Appearing in GATE is no achievement. It has to be cleared also with high percentile for any meaningful result. In absence of the performance level of the author so far at 10, 10+2 and graduation level, it is not possible to offer specific comments about the level of preparation required by the author. In my opinion the author may consider joining a job and continue his further efforts simultaneously. Hard work should be done during the coming few years for leading a peaceful life in future. Any motivated student can devote up to 16 years a day in various activities like doing a job and studies. Moreover the money earned through job can be used for joining some part time coaching or other expenses related to studies like buying books/joining online courses etc.

Author: Seema Shah    02 Jun 2016      Member Level: Gold     Points : 3  (Rs 3)    Voting Score: 0

A very relevant and common question among many engineering graduates, who have missed the GATE exam bus.

What should I do? Should I do job or join a class for GATE and do a part time job or internship?
You can study for GATE along with a part time job. But you will be able to start MTech studies only in July 2017 and complete by 2019. classes may help, but you will have to study on your own also. Full time job and GATE studies will be really difficult to manage and you may not score really high.

Or is there any another good advice you have?
I have a question for your thoughts: why are you interested in giving GATE exam? Is it what you really love? What are you planning to do after MTech? Are you going to take up a job in IT company or teaching or want to start your own? Find answers to all these questions and then decide whether you should do MTech or not!

Hope this helps.