Can I do M.Com in regular stream after B.Com correspondence?

Date: 31 May 2016    Group: Education    Category: India Educational Consultants   

Due to some reasons I had to do my B.Com in correspondence in Annamalai University. But it has no value and I am not getting jobs. I want to do M.Com in regular stream for added value to my career. Can I do it in Bangalore? Which colleges are good? Do I need to do my B.Com in regular college again?
Awaiting suggestions.

Interested in regular MCom after distance BCom? On this Ask Expert page, you will get all the advice you are looking for.

Author: Kailash Kumar    01 Jun 2016      Member Level: Platinum     Points : 3  (Rs 3)    Voting Score: 0

The challenges being faced by the author may be due to high level of competition in jobs market instead of his degree being through a correspondence course. B.Com is a graduate degree and since it is completed from the Annamalai University, it has to be a recognised one. A graduate pass candidate can appear in civil services examination, banks PO examinations and such other many competitive examinations for getting a prestigious job. However since the applicants are more and the vacancies are lesser, only those candidates who are able to crack competitive examinations are able to get jobs. Option for completing CA program is also available with the author.
In my opinion, the author should join any job even a low paid job to gain experience and simultaneously pursue higher studies through correspondence course. By doing a job, the author will be able to pay his fees etc. and incur other studies related expenses also. He can also prepare himself for various competitive examinations like banks clerk grade examination etc. in case the tougher kind of examinations appear difficult to crack. Remaining idle for longer periods is likely to affect the career prospects adversely.

Author: Sheo Shankar Jha    01 Jun 2016      Member Level: Gold     Points : 3  (Rs 3)    Voting Score: 0

Since you have done graduation in distance mode from Annamalai - university and the qualification so acquired is recognised for all practical purposes. Since the pass- out of the regular graduates are outnumbered these days and hence problems are being felt.
In case of perusal of M.Com on a regular stream, your prospects for the job would certainly better if you secure high marks and that too with a recognised university.
The other way would be try the jobs which the other graduates do look out such as Probationary - officers examination for the Banks, jobs for LIC - executive or otherwise and Civil Services Jobs for state level so that you can qualify it easily. You can appear for IAS examination if you are a hard working young man and can labour hard in this direction for a minimum of eight hours. You may avail of fasilities of Coaching Institutes also so that you may extract valuable tips and guidance in course of your preparation.

Author: Partha Kansabanik    01 Jun 2016      Member Level: Diamond     Points : 2  (Rs 2)    Voting Score: 0

Annamalai University is a UGC-recognised university and the Directorate of Distance Education (DDE) of the university has been approved by Distance Education Council (DEC). So, the B.Com. degree obtained from DDE of Annamalai University is fully recognised. You can apply for any Government job on the basis of this degree. However, there may be some inherent bias (which is totally devoid of any logic) against correspondence degree holders in the minds of some private employers.

So far as regular M.Com. is concerned, you can take admission in regular course on the basis of your marks in B.Com. There is absolutely no bar in this regard. However, it solely depends upon your marks in B.Com.