Ask Experts » Science and Technology » Science »

Confused about joining MCA

Date: 31 May 2016   Posted By: Sathish kumar     Group: Science and Technology    Category: Science   

I have completed my BCA. Now I am in confused about joining MCA .
My scores are:
10th = 82.4%; 12th=55%; BCA=73%
Can I join MCA? Will it be useful to me? Is it okay if I join MCA in Arts college? Am I eligible for job in TCS, WIPRO, INFOSYS,SATYAM, ACCENTURE, HCL etc.?
Awaiting advice.

Aspiring to study MCA? Confused about this choice? Find responses from experts on this page.

Author: Sheo Shankar Jha    31 May 2016      Member Level: Gold     Points : 3  (Rs 3)    Voting Score: 0

Yes, you are eligible for MCA course but make it a point to take admission in some reputed Institute in order to multiply the chances for Campus - interviews. The companies of repute always attend premiur institutes for campus placement of bright aspirants.The other advantage by taking enrolments with such Institute is that you are to get quality education for the entire course which in turn would be benificial for you in order to have a sound grip of the subject.
Regarding your query how far you would get success in getting a job in TCS, Wipro, Infosysis and ACCENTURE etc, you should have an impressive presentation in the Interview so that you match the expectation of the employers. You must be proficient in presentation - skill apart from your sound clarities in different tools employed in computers.

Author: Kailash Kumar    01 Jun 2016      Member Level: Platinum     Points : 3  (Rs 3)    Voting Score: 0

The reputed companies like TCS, WIPRO, INFOSYS,SATYAM, ACCENTURE, HCL etc. have their own fully evolved websites. On such websites, generally there is a career section, in which they explain their recruitment policies and procedures etc. The author may devote sometime for studying the same thoroughly to know more about his chances of getting selected. However such companies never recruit candidates on the basis of percentage of marks alone obtained at various levels. The marks are used for screening the applications only as a number of applicants submit their applications for limited number of openings.
Regarding joining MCA in a arts college that doesn't make much difference in case the college and course are recognised one. In my opinion the author should try his best to join any available job for gaining experience and complete MCA course through correspondence course while working. However, in case regular MCA course is joined, then the placement record of the college concerned should be made the main criteria for selection of college.

Author: Seema Shah    02 Jun 2016      Member Level: Gold     Points : 3  (Rs 3)    Voting Score: 0

Well, here goes my answers to each of your questions:
Can I join MCA?
Of course, BCA/ BSc/ BCom degree is a pre requisite for MCA.

Will it be useful to me?
MCA is a post graduate three years course. definitely it will be useful to you. Some colleges have industry internship as a part of the curriculum. This may help in job placement.

Is it okay if I join MCA in Arts college?
MCA is a Computing course. Arts colleges do not offer this course. it is quite likely that the Arts college may be a center for distance learning or the college may be affiliated to another college / university. I would strongly advice that you join a recognized full time MCA course in a good college/ university. It is not viable to take a degree repeatedly. Decide the college judiciously.

Am I eligible for job in TCS, WIPRO, INFOSYS,SATYAM, ACCENTURE, HCL etc.?
Yes. MCA degree passouts are eligible for jobs in MNCs. Check with the concerned college if these or similar companies come for campus placements. Do not depend on off campus placements, since there is a big crowd, competition is too high and number of people to be taken in may be limited.

Hope this answers all your queries.

Author: [Anonymous]    03 Jun 2016      Member Level: Diamond     Points : 2  (Rs 2)    Voting Score: 0

Yes, you have good academic scores and you are eligible fro pursuing post graduation in MCA.
But it must not be from any Arts college. You need to choose a good reputed and affiliated college for the same because most of these institutes have Job placement cells for their passing outs.
After completion of your MCA, you will be eligible for job in any IT company including TCS, Wipro, Infosys, etc.

Author: DEEPANKAR DAS    26 Jun 2016      Member Level: Silver     Points : 2  (Rs 2)    Voting Score: 0

Yes, you can join in MCA course. You should do enquiry before joining to any college. You cannot do MCA from any ARTS college because they donot provide MCA course. You should choose a reputed college which is approved by AICTE/UGC & affilated to any University. Reputed college has its own campus placements.
You are elligible to any IT companies TCS, WIPRO, INFOSYS, SATYAM etc. but your career should be good. You can join in MNC companies.
If you are working professional then go for correspondence or distance course in IGNOU or SIKKIM MANIPAL UNIVERSITY.