|Author: Venkiteswaran. 01 Jun 2016 Member Level: Diamond Points : 7 (Rs 7) Voting Score: 0|
Hernia is due to the protrusion of certain internal organs like intestine pressing on the weak muscle walls and protruding and appearing out as lump in that area. The more the strain exerted on muscle walls, the more the muscles are weak, the more will be the pain and inconvenience.
Surgery is the solution for hernia in advanced stages. However in early stages if we take certain precautions and some medicines prescribed, then it can be well managed.
The pressure and strain in the abdominal area happens on strong and continuous coughing, exerting pressure for daily bowel motion, doing strenuous work like physically lifting heavy things etc.
Hence the remedies are targeted to prevent and cure constipation, strengthening muscles and general health improvement, curing cough and breathing problems and preventing causes for cough and breathing problems. One should avoid heavy work exerting pressure n abdominal area, sit at comfortable position avoiding downward pressure inside abdominal area etc.
It is advisable to visit an experienced Ayurveda doctor as remedies are depend on the stage of the hernia problem, the general constitution or state of the health patient and his tendency to be prone to certain illness, like respiratory infections, constipation; and dependent also his regular food habits etc.
But straight away, one can start taking foods that does not cause constipation, like reducing strong spicy food etc. Avoid eating 'upto nose' and take required water to ease digestion and bowel motion.
Avoid tying dresses very tight at the abdominal area. Keep them e and loosen them when feeling pressure. Avoid smoking and taking alcoholic drinks. Avoid exercises which will exert pressure of the abdominal and groin area.
|Author: Mahesh 03 Jun 2016 Member Level: Gold Points : 3 (Rs 3) Voting Score: 0|
The condition of harnia makes it harder to have any specific home remedies. So it is always better to stick with the surgery or precautionary medicines. It is better to consult with doctor on this. Try to avoid the home remedies and the Ayurveda medicine for this.
In case of hernia, you'l be asked to have some specific diet for the few months to years. In that case tomatoes, spinach, cabbage will be forbidden to you for few months. It'll also be diet that involves food which is good for your lever and kidney. So that may add into the diet. You'd be forbidden from eating the non veg for few months. Also the alcohol consumption would need to be reduced.
You will different set of food and other diet before and after the surgery. Also after the medication and effect is reduced, you'd resume to your normal eating habits. However it helps if you stick with the diet and healthy food for next few years.
|Author: Mathi Gopal 03 Jun 2016 Member Level: Diamond Points : 4 (Rs 4) Voting Score: 0|
You have not mentioned your gender and weight details, any way being overweight can be one of the reasons behind hernia, so if you are overweight then try to reduce your weight. To reduce the pain quickly use ice compress on the painful area. Ice compress can reduce the pain and swelling both.
Ginger root is beneficial in reducing gastric acid in stomach and helpful to cure Hernia. Cinnamon can work effectively to calm your stomach. Add cinnamon powder in hot water and after few minutes drink this tea 2-3 times in a day.
Another useful home remedy is chamomile which is known as natural anti inflammatory agent. Chamomile can reduce the pain of hernia and can treat the other symptoms. Instead of taking large meals, take several small meals.
Avoid spicy and oily food. Stop smoking and consuming alcohol for few days if you want to treat hernia. Some simple yoga exercises can be helpful for you to treat your problem. Take advice of experts before following exercises.
|Author: Timmappa Kamat 05 Jun 2016 Member Level: Gold Points : 5 (Rs 5) Voting Score: 0|
Natural remedies can relieve the symptoms of Hernia, but it should be noted that they cannot replace the medical treatment. Results of the home remedies may vary depending on the individual cases.
Having said that, here we go with a few remedies -
1. Ginger root has been known to offer relief from stomach irritations. It prevents a build-up of gastric acids.
2. Avoid consumption of alcohol.
3. Do not sleep or bend soon after eating.
4. Instead of opting for a couple of larger meals, it would be better to consume frequent, but smaller meals.
5. Do not exercise on a full stomach.
6. Give ice compressions. This relieves the pain and swell associated with a hernia.
7. Do not apply any pressure or heat to the affected area.
8. Avoid using tighter clothes. Such clothes can exert pressure on the stomach.
9. Let the head of your bed be slightly elevated. This will help to avoid the gastric acids to the oesophagus.
10. Stress can be one of the reasons for the aggravated condition of the hernia. Manage stress by means of Yoga, meditation or other such means.
11. Drink warm water in the morning. Make it a point to take it as the first thing after waking up.
12. Apple Cider Vinegar is known to have the effects that relieve hernia related problems.
13. Cinnamon can soothe and calm your stomach. Taking it soon after a meal would be more beneficial.
|Author: Sheo Shankar Jha 05 Jun 2016 Member Level: Gold Points : 4 (Rs 4) Voting Score: 0|
There are a few home remedies for Hernia but the results would varry from man to man. However, these being simple, there is no harm in trying these tips-
1) Licorice- Licorice is very effective if a little of it is taken by boiling the same with water till the volume of water is reduced to half. This should be taken once in a week.
2) A little precaution is necessary to reduce the weight of the body.
3) Alcohol and Smoking should be avoided.
4) Food - consumption pattern should be changed. Instead of taking full meal at a time, feeding is to be devided.
5) In order to take care of your weight, you may chew around five to six leaves of Tulasi twice a day for the reduction of your weight and in that way, you may get indirect benifit in Hernia.
6) Cinamom powder if taken to the tune of 2 GM along with hot water prior to bed time will arrest in inflammation thereby giving you relief from Hernia.
|Author: Darshan Malwiya 04 Jul 2016 Member Level: Silver Points : 4 (Rs 4) Voting Score: 0|
Causes of Hernia
Some abdominal hernias may be present at birth while others may occur in the later years. The causes for hernia are varied. Hernias can occur due to any condition that leads to increased strain on the abdominal cavity. Some of the conditions include:
1] Lifting heavy objects
3] Persistent coughing
4] Chronic lung disease
5] Accumulation of fluid in the abdominal cavity
6] Family history of hernias.
Some remedies of Hernia.
1] Ginger root is known to help in protecting the esophagus and stomach from damage due to buildup of gastric acids and bile.
2] Marshmallow root has many health benefits such as improved digestion and decreased production of digestive acids. It may thus help to alleviate hernia-related symptoms.
3] Hernia pain may be relieved through acupuncture.
4] Ice compresses are one of the best home remedies for hernia. 5]They may help to alleviate pain and swelling caused by the hernia.
6] Avoid applying any heat or pressure to the affected area.
7] Avoid exercising on a full stomach.
8] Tight clothes can exert pressure on the abdomen and hence it is advisable to wear only loose, comfortable clothing.
9] Avoid eating large meals and opt for smaller, frequent meals throughout the day.
10] Refrain from lying down or bending soon after eating.
11] Avoid consuming alcohol.