Ask Experts » Career Guidance » Other Jobs »

Suggestions about my future regarding my interest

Date: 31 May 2016   Posted By: Anurag saini     Group: Career Guidance    Category: Other Jobs   

Actually I am working as a housekeeping executive. At the age of 19, I wanted to become a cricketer but no one supported me at that time. Now I am 24. So can I take a chance to complete my dream?. I have played district level tournament and had represented Uttarakhand.
Awaiting guidance from experts.

Have you dreamt of becoming a cricketer? Looking out for achieving your dream? Find advice from experts here.

Author: Saji Ganesh    31 May 2016      Member Level: Diamond     Points : 0    Voting Score: 0

Thread being shifted to Ask Expert section.

Author: Kailash Kumar    02 Jun 2016      Member Level: Platinum     Points : 2  (Rs 2)    Voting Score: 0

Having played up to District level tournaments, the author is already a cricketer and can continue his hobby. However it may be difficult after completing the age of 24 years to start afresh for completing the whole process of getting selected in national or international cricket teams. The process begins at the district level clubs. The author may contact the local cricket clubs and become active/involved with them. Generally only outstanding cricketers who start learning/practicing since much younger age, become able to compete in the field.

Author: Mahesh    02 Jun 2016      Member Level: Gold     Points : 2  (Rs 2)    Voting Score: 0

If you have seen the leg spinner bowler Praveen Tambe then you can understand that he got the chance at the age of 43. So you are very young at the 24. You have to however work harder in order to reach ahead. You have to manage money, job and the sports. It is going to be tough and harder but you can surely do that. Only thing that needs to be seen here is your dedication, your performance and a bit luck with people who need to push you ahead. You can definitely take a chance and with competitions such as IPL and others, you do have future even if not selected for national team. You have to show the performance for others to recommend you and vouch for you. So hard work and performance is the only answer to this.

Author: susmitha    03 Jun 2016      Member Level: Bronze     Points : 2  (Rs 2)    Voting Score: 0

Hi Anurag,
It needs real guts to start after such a long gap. Hats off to you for not giving up on your dream. your such a inspiration to many who feel depressed for not fulfilling their dreams because nobody supported them.

Now that you have decided to start over again. Let me give you some tips to survive from negative people around you.

1.Their will be people who will sure discourage or criticize you but never listen to them. Believe yourself never ever give up on yourself.

2. Give the answer in action not by words. Improve each day make yourself better.

Steps to succeed:

1. Maintain a journal. Write down following questions
a) why you want become a cricketer?
b) How much time will it take?
c) How are you going to achieve it?
d) What will you do if nobody supports you?

2. And whenever you feel depressed listen to motivational talks read motivational books and implement them.

3. Imagine everyday in the morning how is life going to when your going to become a great cricketer, this gives lot of inspiration for the entire day to work toward the goal.

4. Measure each and every success whether small or big. Reward yourself. write it down in journal and read it when you feel demotivated.

5. Each Failure is stepping stone to Success
Its okay to feel demotivated .sometimes however hard you try you fail don't be afraid to getup try again.But don't give up and don't get diverted.

6. Concentrate on your weak points work on them.

7.Don't be over confident as well this is really important.

8. Do workout and yoga it will sure help stay focused.

9.Surround yourself with positive people. Be optimistic.

I hope my answer helps you.

All the best for your dreams.

Author: [Anonymous]    03 Jun 2016      Member Level: Diamond     Points : 2  (Rs 2)    Voting Score: 0

A strong determinations and Will power always pay. So, if you have both of this ingredients, you can prepare a success story by putting handwork and focused efforts.
I would like to know the financial condition of your family. If that is not good, you have to even work harder for managing economy at home and your cricket training.
If you have played district level tournaments, the cricket board of your place may be knowing you and you may request them to sponsor your training with a promise to work hard. If your performances were remarkable, they may agree to support you.