Ask Experts » Education » India Educational Consultants »

Query about college transfer after second year engineering

Date: 01 Jun 2016    Group: Education    Category: India Educational Consultants   

I am studying in Modern College of Engg. Due to personal reasons I have to change my college.
Is it possible to transfer from one engineering college to another in the same university after 2nd year?
What procedure should I do?
Check out responses from experts on this page.

Want to transfer to another engineering college after second year? On this Ask Expert page, you will find the essential information you are looking for.

Author: sathish chandrasekaran    02 Jun 2016      Member Level: Gold     Points : 2  (Rs 2)    Voting Score: 0

Dear Author,

Yes it is quite possible to change the college from one to the other provided both belongs to the same university. You can approach the college in which you wanted to move and speak with the management who can assist you. You need to provide the reason for change. Also the college that you are looking for transfer will check for your qualifying criteria. Say the college you joined may ask for 70% in your 12th and this college may be expecting 75% whereas you have obtained 73%, in this case they may not take you up as well. So it is better to meet the Dean/Chancellor or any decision making authority of that level to give clarity on this. If they are willing to take you then the transfer procedure form and rules will be shared by them and you need not worry about it. Hope this helps. Best wishes.

Author: Kailash Kumar    02 Jun 2016      Member Level: Platinum     Points : 3  (Rs 3)    Voting Score: 0

It depends on many factors. One of such factor is whether the admission was obtained on a merit seat or against a management quota seat in a private college. The name of the college mentioned by the author is not sufficient to know about full details regarding the same. In case of the merit seat, the concerned rules/regulations will apply. Also in case of a reputed private college there may not be any seat available for direct entry in the third year. Since the total number of seats are fixed as approved by the regulatory authority and extra student cannot be admitted by the management at its discretion. It will also depend on as to whether the new college is ranked higher than the previous college or otherwise. Apparently it will be very difficult and practically may not be possible to change to a better college in the third year against a merit seat.

Author: Seema Shah    02 Jun 2016      Member Level: Gold     Points : 4  (Rs 4)    Voting Score: 0

I would like to diverge from the above answers.

Colleges are permitted to fill seats as per the sanctioned quota. Typically all seats are filled in the first year.

The seats in the second year are filled as follows:
1. With all students who have passed first year
2. with students who may have taken a drop after first year join second year
3. With 10% lateral entry to second year after diploma program
4. Some low performing students do not move to second year, but take a drop
5. Some students may permanently drop out of the course for various reasons.
After complete summation of the above seats if still there is a gap as compared to sanctioned intake, then the college can take a transfer student from another college. Branch change is not allowed.

You need to apply to your college for NOC. Take this certificate to the college where you want admission. talk to the Dean /Principal and if they have vacancies you may be told to proceed with the admission formalities.

Author: Mahesh    03 Jun 2016      Member Level: Gold     Points : 3  (Rs 3)    Voting Score: 0

Most of the universities have preferences to change the college in second year of the engineering. You have to make sure you have the following:

1. Percentage good enough for other college to admit you in their batch.
2. NOC from your current college and undertaking from you for changing the college.
3. NOC from the admitting college on your entry to their batch.
4. University application for the change in college.

These are some of the things that you need to make sure for transfer from one batch to another during second year of engineering college.

You have to find out the procedure that is required in your college and university. You have to be also ready for the cross questioning on why you wish to change the college.

Author: [Anonymous]    03 Jun 2016      Member Level: Diamond     Points : 3  (Rs 3)    Voting Score: 0

Yes it is possible if both the institutes are affiliated with same university.
Important points are-
1. Valid reason for changing institute.
2. Marks scored in these 2 years.
3. A letter of NOC from current institute.
4. Letter of acceptance from the institute you want to join.
5. You will not be able to change your stream during this transition.

Post Answer

You must Sign In to post a response.

Post Answer        

Related Questions
  • Return to Question Index
  • Ask Question to Experts

  • Awards & Gifts
    Top Contributors
    TodayLast 7 Daysmore...

    Online Members

    Asha Kurian
    ISC Technologies, Kochi - India. © All Rights Reserved.