Ask Experts » Education » India Educational Consultants »

Are the ITI pass students eligible for admission in engineering degree courses?

Date: 02 Jun 2016    Group: Education    Category: India Educational Consultants   

Recently there was a news item in the newspapers that the Government has declared ITI courses as equivalent to 10+2 courses. Are the ITI pass students have become eligible to apply for admission in engineering degree courses? Can such students get direct admission in engineering colleges on the basis of their technical background?
Experts: do respond.

Wondering if ITI student is eligible for joining engineering course? On this Ask Expert page, you will get resolution to this query.

Author: sushma    03 Jun 2016      Member Level: Gold     Points : 2  (Rs 2)    Voting Score: 0

You cannot join B.Tech directly after completing ITI. To join B.Tech, you should complete Diploma. You can appear for diploma Entrance Exam and you will get a lateral entry to Diploma and you can join 2nd year directly.
After completing Diploma, you will be eligible to join 2nd year based on the Entrance Exam results.

Author: Partha Kansabanik    04 Jun 2016      Member Level: Diamond     Points : 1  (Rs 1)    Voting Score: 0

After ITI, a student can join Diploma. On completion of Diploma, the student can join the AMIE programme or take admission in the 2nd year of B.E/B.Tech. On completion of B.E/B.Tech, he/she will be considered a full-fledged Engineer.

Author: Sheo Shankar Jha    04 Jun 2016      Member Level: Gold     Points : 3  (Rs 3)    Voting Score: 0

ITI course was designed to enhance technical - skill among the aspirants so that they can successfully take up the jobs of Welders, Electrician, Turner etc on completion of the training.
Declaration of this diploma by the Government as equivalent to 10 +2, entitles the students of taking all such privileges what an aspirants get on passing 10+2 examination.
The other way be to take up the Diploma courses and later on, on passing the diploma - course with distinction marks, they can apply in an Engineering - college for the lateral entry in the second year in their desired stream.

Post Answer

You must Sign In to post a response.

Post Answer        

Related Questions
  • Return to Question Index
  • Ask Question to Experts

  • Awards & Gifts
    Top Contributors
    TodayLast 7 Daysmore...

    ISC Technologies, Kochi - India. © All Rights Reserved.