Ask Experts » Government » State Government »

How to get birth certificate after many years

Date: 02 Jun 2016    Group: Government    Category: State Government   

I was born on 25-11-992 in Karnal, Haryana. But my birth was not registered anywhere.
How can I get my birth certificate now?
Where should I apply?
Should I go to government hospital in Karnal?
Experts: do suggest.

Looking out for information about getting a birth certificate after many years? Check out this page for advice from experts.

Author: Kailash Kumar    02 Jun 2016      Member Level: Platinum     Points : 2  (Rs 2)    Voting Score: 0

In the state of Haryana, registration of birth is done under Haryana Birth & Death Registration Act and Haryana Birth & Death Registration Rules. Accordingly the birth has to be reported to the concerned office of the Municipal Corporation within 21 days of the birth in the normal course. However there is a provision of late registration also. In case the birth has to be reported after more than one year from the date of the birth, then an order from an Executive Magistrate appointed for the purpose by the SDO of the area is required.
The best course of action for the author will be to personally visit the office concerned and talk to the officials and submit necessary documents then and there after obtaining information from the horses mouth.

Author: neelam joshi    03 Jun 2016      Member Level: Gold     Points : 3  (Rs 3)    Voting Score: 0

Actually I also went through the same situation as you mentioned and when I tried to find about it I got to know that if a child is not registerd anywhere in the hospital and is born in any village or in any other area of city at home.

In that case the child need to have the name on the family register of that particular area, a domecile(proof that he/she is pernanent citizen of area) and then need to make an affidevit which is submitted at muncilal office and then only that person will be able to get the birth certificate from muncipal office.

But the procedure may vary as per the location of the birth of the child and the doccuments that the child have.
And for that you need to get details from nearby muncipal office and telling them all the detail about your birth and birth place.

Author: Sheo Shankar Jha    05 Jun 2016      Member Level: Gold     Points : 3  (Rs 3)    Voting Score: 0

You may contact the Municipal - office with an application enlisting your entire details such as your name, place and time of birth, name of your parents and a supporting document such as birth certificate provided by the Hospital or your School - leaving certificate where your date of birth has been recorded.
Municipal - office would verify the facts by referring to their old registers and would see if there is any entry of the time as indicated in their registers.Such entry in the register would shorten the process of issuance of a birth - certificate.
In the event of non furnishing of any details of timing as indicated by you, they may ask you to approach Munsiff - magistrate for the issuance of certificate. In that case, you have to approach a lawyer to expedite the case and this may take four to six month of time.

Post Answer

You must Sign In to post a response.

Post Answer        

Related Questions
  • Return to Question Index
  • Ask Question to Experts

  • Awards & Gifts
    Top Contributors
    TodayLast 7 Daysmore...

    ISC Technologies, Kochi - India. © All Rights Reserved.