Yes. Mexico government offers scholarship to Indian students. The scholarships are offered in pursuing master degrees and other related research activities. It is given to 6 or 7 students for a duration of one or two years. The Ministry of Human Resource Development (Department of Higher Education), Government of India and Government of Mexico jointly offer master and PhD scholarship for Indian students.
Expenses which come under the scholarship:
-Travel expense from India to Mexico and return
-Medical insurance related payments
-Registration fee and college fee
-Monthly maintenance allowance
- Should be an Indian citizen
- Must have good percentage of marks in the undergraduate course/ Ph.D done from any prominent Indian institution
- Must have received or in the process of academic acceptance from the host college in Mexico
- Should have knowledge about the culture and heritage of Mexico
- After doing the scholarship course, the candidate should stay in India for a consecutive period of time
- The candidate should be below 45 years of age at the time of application.
How to apply:
Mexican Government Scholarships Official website is mhrd.gov.in. The format of application can be downloaded from this website. There is no application fee. Interested and eligible candidates are requested to send their application in the prescribed form with the required documents. Failure to send before the closing date or not attaching the required documents or any error in filling the application form could lead to rejection.
Selection process is by personal interview and
the letter for the same will be sent to the selected candidate.
The application should be sent to the given address below.
Section Officer ES.5,
Ministry of Human Resource Development,
Department of Education,
A1/w3 Curzon Road Barracks,
KG Marg New Delhi 11000
The new academic year starts in September/October.
This link could be useful in knowing more about Mexican Government Scholarship for Indian students: