There are lot of nutritional and health values from the chilies.
1. capsaicin in the chilies reduces the cholesterol level. It can be really good for those suffering with it.
2. It also is a good source of vitamin-C and including it in food can be good for the body. It helps in immunity and inflammation issues.
3. There are also some good anti oxidants such as vitamin-A and flavanoids such as ß-carotene, a-carotene, lutein, zea-xanthin, and cryptoxanthin. Both of these are good for the depression, stress and other psychological issues.
4. Chilies are also good source of the minerals like potassium, manganese, iron, and magnesium. It helps in controlling heart rate and blood pressure.
5. Chilies are also considered as good source of vitamin B-1. It helps when you're suffering from deficiency of the vitamin b complex.
These are some of the benefits of the chilies used in food or consumed with regular food.