|Author: [Anonymous] 10 Jun 2016 Member Level: Diamond Points : 4 (Rs 4) Voting Score: 0|
Yes, different chillies or capsicum have nutritional value, you may find the detail as below; the value per 100 grams.
Total Fat 0.4 g 0%
Saturated fat 0 g 0%
Polyunsaturated fat 0.2 g
Monounsaturated fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg 0%
Sodium 9 mg 0%
Potassium 322 mg 9%
Total Carbohydrate 9 g 3%
Dietary fiber 1.5 g 6%
Sugar 5 g
Protein 1.9 g 3%
Vitamin A 19%
Vitamin C 239%
Vitamin D 0%
Vitamin B-6 25%
Vitamin B-12 0%
|Author: Mahesh 11 Jun 2016 Member Level: Gold Points : 3 (Rs 3) Voting Score: 0|
There are lot of nutritional and health values from the chilies.
1. capsaicin in the chilies reduces the cholesterol level. It can be really good for those suffering with it.
2. It also is a good source of vitamin-C and including it in food can be good for the body. It helps in immunity and inflammation issues.
3. There are also some good anti oxidants such as vitamin-A and flavanoids such as ß-carotene, a-carotene, lutein, zea-xanthin, and cryptoxanthin. Both of these are good for the depression, stress and other psychological issues.
4. Chilies are also good source of the minerals like potassium, manganese, iron, and magnesium. It helps in controlling heart rate and blood pressure.
5. Chilies are also considered as good source of vitamin B-1. It helps when you're suffering from deficiency of the vitamin b complex.
These are some of the benefits of the chilies used in food or consumed with regular food.
|Author: Timmappa Kamat 11 Jun 2016 Member Level: Gold Points : 4 (Rs 4) Voting Score: 0|
Here are some constituents of Chillies and their benefits -
1. Chillies are rich source of antioxidants. As such, they prevent cancer.
2. They have plenty of Vitamin C. They help in cold. They also improve your immunity.
3. Vitamin E in chillies lets you produce skin oils. Having chilly rich food can help you improve your skin.
4. The best thing with chillies is that they have zero calories. Having them in your food will not affect your diet.
5. Green chillies let you avoid prostrate cancer.
6. The dietary fibres in chillies help you digest food faster.
7. Chillies are known to release endorphins into your blood stream. thus you will have good mood.
8. Chillies, especially red chillies have anti bacterial properties. This will help you keep the infections away.
9. Chillies contain a lot of iron. They make a good food supplement for the women who suffer from iron deficiency.
|Author: Darshan Malwiya 01 Jul 2016 Member Level: Silver Points : 2 (Rs 2) Voting Score: 0|
Yes Chillies have nutritional values some of them are as follows