You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

    Surname spelling variation in educational certificates

    Difference of spellings in the name, matric graduation and MCA certificates, inter certificate, Bihar tet certificate and Bihar domicile certificates, variations of surname in the certificates

    Sir, as per my matric graduation and MCA certificates my name spelling is Ramesh Kumar Srivastava and in my inter certificate Bihar tet certificate and Bihar domicile certificates. My name is Ramesh Kumar Srivastva.due to my mistake such variation has occurred. I have applied for Bihar teacher.and also preparing for govt job.I want to know that surname spelling variations SRIVASTAVA and SRIVASTVA will create any problem during document verification certificate verification from the concerned board? Will one and same person's affidavit help me in govt job for handling such of my friend told me that in civil services and other jobs in such situations affidavits are demanded by the authority.
  • #136470
    The spelling mentioned in the matric certificate is generally taken as the actual spelling of the name. Also nowadays sometimes variations occur due to transliteration of names from Hindi language to English language and vice versa. Since the variation mentioned by the author appears to be minor in nature, even an affidavit may not be insisted upon. However it will be wiser to keep the affidavit ready, though not to produce the same voluntarily to the official on duty for verification of the certificates. Instead the affidavit should be produced only when demanded or the variation is specifically pointed out by the official. It depends up to a large extent upon the attitude of the official.
    Let us encourage each other in sharing knowledge.

  • #136496
    There should be same name with same spelling in all documents. In above case though the mistake seems minor but also there is possibility that the government officers can create problem while verifying the documents. So it is advised to keep an affidavit ready to handle any kind of such situation. You can also do the needful changes in your documents by submitting a copy of affidavit from your local court stating your correct name spelling to the concerned board or university, but it will take some time. So it is good to keep affidavit with you and submit its copies to concerned universities and boards.

  • Sign In to post your comments