Ask Experts » Education » Professional Courses »

Confused which course to choose.

Date: 12 Jun 2016   Posted By: Prem M     Group: Education    Category: Professional Courses   

Recently I have passed 12th CGBSE OPEN commerce. I have failed once so I gave the OPEN EXAM and got 66%. I am around 21 year old and I am confused what to do next.

I am fascinated about computer stuff: hardware and software. I would like to learn stuff like Coding networking etc.

I am not so good when it comes to studying like reading school books but I am willing to try harder in college. I love computer stuff.

Experts: do advice.

Confused about which computer course to study? On this Ask Expert page, check out responses from experts and clarify your confusion.

Author: Balasubramanian S    13 Jun 2016      Member Level: Gold     Points : 2  (Rs 2)    Voting Score: 0

If you are fascinated about computers and hardware, then pick up a programming language and try to get well versed in it. It is quite common that people will find it difficult to sit and read. But it is not the situation that was 10 years back. You don't have to sit and read a book to master a programming language. There are many types of tutorials available in Youtube where they are interesting and informative for you.

You can watch such videos and gain knowledge on coding. In order to learn things by yourself, you will need lots of dedication and discipline to do it by yourself. There are also many certification courses available online which will help you get certification.

But whatever you choose make sure you like it. Then only you will be more passionate about it and shine in it. If you push really hard on things that you do not like, it will not help you. After all the efforts you will feel like you are stagnate. So choose wisely.

Author: Kailash Kumar    13 Jun 2016      Member Level: Platinum     Points : 2  (Rs 2)    Voting Score: 0

The author may consider joining BCA course offered by School of Computer and Information Sciences of IGNOU. The minimum and maximum duration of the course is 3 years and 6 years respectively and the eligibility criteria is 10+2. The author can clear it within the minimum duration i.e. 3 years. Since it is a self learning course, the aptitude and devotion of the author will also be put to test in clearing the course with flying colors. In my opinion, the author should dedicate his next three years totally in learning leaving aside all other social activities. While pursuing the course, he may joining some local computer training center without any remuneration, only for acquiring experience and practice related to computer work.

Author: Mahesh    14 Jun 2016      Member Level: Gold     Points : 4  (Rs 4)    Voting Score: 0

If you are interested in computers or IT industry in general then your best bet is to choose course such as BCA or MCA. If you don't get the admission for BCA then your most obvious option is to do the MCA by finishing regular graduation in any stream. In case of BCA, you can do this by online means or regular course. In case of regular course you have to score well in entrance exams. And based on the score you'd get admission. Also in case of online course you have options from mumbai university, delhi university for MCA. You can also try IGNOU for BCA course.

Another better option is to do CDAC course after graduation in any stream. You have to pass the entrance and then get admitted to regular course. This should help you with the job placement too.

Author: Sheo Shankar Jha    15 Jun 2016      Member Level: Gold     Points : 4  (Rs 4)    Voting Score: 0

Since you have done 10+2 with commerce stream, you may take up BCA course in order to enhance your computer - fundamentals. There are a number of tools being taught in BCA in a reputed college which can strengthen your basics in the IT area. I don't recommend to go in short course in computer since they would be expensive and even the duration of the course would be shorter.
There are wider prospects after having passed the BCA course. This being a graduation course, you would be entitled to appear in a number of competitive tests such facing Union Public Service Commission in order to grab the prestigious post of IAS or even examination of Probationary officers of the banks can be cleared. Alternatively, you can go in for MCA from a distinguished Institution for widening your job - prospects.
You should have a clear vision how you can excel in your chosen field. There is no short cut method of success.