You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Professional Courses

    Inquiry about eligibility for graduation course

    Unsure if you can register for graduate degree after a gap? Find advice from experts on this page.

    I have completed my 12th in year 2010-2011 and due to some reason I could not continue my studies. Can I pursue my graduation directly this year> If yes, can I pursue it from any recognised university or Mumbai university? In what duration can I complete the degree?
    Awaiting advice.
  • #136622
    Yes, you can continue youe education. There are two types of courses you can continue. They are Regular course like B.A., B.Sc.,
    B.Com and professional courses like BCA, BBA, B.TECH, B.ARCH, MBBS , HOTEL MANAGEMENT, TOURISM etc.
    You do not mention your subjects in 12th class. If you have completed +2 ARTS, then you can do B.A. in any college. If you have math subject in +2 ARTS, then you can do professional courses like BCA or BBA. You can do other courses like HOTEL MANAGEMENT, TOURISM etc.
    If you have completed +2 Science, then you can do Regular course like B.Sc(+3 Science) or other Science based professional courses like B.TECH, B.ARCH, MBBS etc.
    If you have completed +2 commerce, then you can do BCOM in any college. You can do BBA or any management courses.
    Admission to any courses are bounded by University rules and are found in admission prospectus/handbook.

  • #136624
    Yes, you can pursue your graduation at this stage.
    You may need to submit some justification letter for this gap in reputed institutes but other may not ask for it.

    You only need to keep track of admission advertisements and the course you want to join. The admission will also depend upon the marks you have secured in your 12th examinations because good colleges always have some cut off marks for admissions every year.
    You need to check for that and accordingly submit your application letter.

    The selection of graduation must be according to your specialization in 12th.
    If it was arts, then you can for for BA in any related subject like History, Sociology, etc.
    If your were having Science, then B.Sc is the ideal choice.
    BCA can be chosen if you have interest in computers.


    Living & Learning- simultaneous processes!

  • #136630
    Goodday Bharati,
    I hope you should have secured a good marks in 12th standard. Pursuing education is possible with some of the experience if you have worked after the 12th

    standard. You can pursure from any recognised university. It will be a normal duration time specified in the degree duration.
    If you opt for professional courses B.E,B.ARCH,M.B.B.S,B.L, and other arts group of education like B.A,B.SC,B.COM the duration becomes the same specified for

    the normal candidate. If you have worked or kept your interest in a specific field and practiced for atleast 2 years these might also add towards your career in future.
    It depends on the group like computer, science, commerce,you took during the 11th and 12th standard, you may choose your profession for your future.
    Its also best to take the integrated course like M.S(Software Engineering) which takes 5 years from the first day.

    Apart from these Nursing courses are also a good option if you have just finished 12th standard in science stream. Good to earn fast after the course, as Nurses requirements are more. After that M.B.A in Hospital Management is also good for future and to earn right during the working career itself.

    This is a website that has list of professional courses, listed after the 12th standard studies.

    All the Best

  • #136639
    Yes, you can persue your education for attaining higher degrees. However you have not indicated the stream with which you have cleared your 10+2 level.
    The regular courses are B.A, B.Sc and B.Com and can be persued for the aspirants having passed 10+2 with - Arts, Science and commerce respectively. Apart from it, depending upon your interest you may enrol in BBA course and this course is exempted from your chosen stream in 10+2 stage. For the candidates having passed 10+2 with Mathematics can opt for BCA - a course which would enable you to be familiar with different tools employed in the field of computer.
    With putting your extra effort, you can enrol your self in B.Tech course in a distinguished college provided you passed the 10+2 course with science in order to enhance your employability at the later stage.
    Had you opted Biology in your school - level, you may take up the course of MBBS with the clearance of the competitive test such as NEET, CBSE, JIPMER etc.
    Normally all the degree courses are of three years duration. The B.Tech course takes four year time where as the MBBS course would take 5 1/2 years in its completion.
    Choose the course depending upon your inclination.

  • #136671
    You can complete your graduation now. You have plenty of options. You can do distance learning or the online degree. There are many options available for you in such case. And depending on the stream you wish to learn then those options will vary. Some of the possible distance learning or regular course for you are as follows:

    1. BBA
    2. BCA
    3. BSC IT
    4. BSC Data Science

    That aside, you can also go ahead with regular course and go for the degree courses. In such case however you may have to approach the entrance examination. That way it is possible to get the admission.

  • Sign In to post your comments