• Category: Exam Questions

How do I prepare for my IES exam?

Aspiring to give IES exam? Wondering how to prepare for it? On this Ask Expert page, you will get preparation guidance and tips.

I have just completed my class 12 and have scored 88.4% in non-medical stream. However now I have dropped the idea of engineering and am aspiring to clear IES-Indian Economic Services. I have no idea about how to prepare for it. I have 5 years left to clear it. 3 years for BA in Eco Honors and 2 years for MA in Eco.
    Can you provide guidance for preparing for the exam?
  • #136686
    The author has full five years for preparation for Indian Economic Services examination. The minimum academic qualification for appearing in the coveted Indian Economic Service examination is a post graduate degree from a recognised university in economics/applied economics/business economics or econometrics. The author has to simply secure admission in the best possible university for pursing graduate program in the field of economics followed by post graduation program. It will be better if the same university offers both graduation and post graduation program. The author should devote next five years in serious studies. The subjects learnt during graduation and post graduation program will help in clearing Indian Economic Services examination. In case the author is serious about IES examination then all other activities should be put on back burner for next five years.
    Let us encourage each other in sharing knowledge.

• #136729
    Indian Economic Examination is a tough examination in the sense that it needs total devotion in its preparation. In order to have the total clarity in the subject, you need to take admission in some prestigious institution so that basics are fully understood by you.
    There are a number of coaching Institutes which would provide you valuable guide - lines during the preparation of IES test. You may choose one such institute for better conceptual clarity.
    IES Academy, Career- point and Brilliant - tutorials are pioneer in the direction of teachings and as such you may contact any one of them.
    Other than than the Economics papers comprising four containing 200 marks in each, you have to appear in English and General - knowledge each carrying 100 marks. So it would be essential for you to have greater command in English - knowledge and Current - affairs. Lastly, you have to satisfy the panel of experts in the oral - interview who would assess your level of competence and alertness.
    Maintain confidence and cool brain while preparing for the examination.

• #137335
    Indian Economics Service(IES) is one of the top services and very difficult to clear. Arts and Commerce students are eligible for this job but should have honours in Economics at BA/BCOM(+3 level). You should pass PG in economics/applied economics/business economics/econometrics.
    There are different tutorials/coaching centers for Indian Economics Services(IES) all over the India. Brilliant tutorials, IES Academy and Career point are the best tutorials for the exam. There are different books for that exam. You should prepare for that exam sincerely.