Want to do Distance education Engineering course in IMES

Date: 17 Jun 2016   Posted By: Manoj Kumar     Group: Education    Category: India Educational Consultants   

I have completed Diploma in Mechanical engineering. I have worked in a company since 2011 after completion of my Diploma. My work experience is 5 years. Now I want to study BE course in distance education. I came to know about AMIE, IIIE and IMES. Now my confusion is: which one is better? I have planned to join IMES. Can you provide advice?
Experts: do assist.

Looking out for BTech course in distance education mode? On this Ask Expert page, you will get the guidance you are looking for.

Author: Kailash Kumar    20 Jun 2016      Member Level: Platinum     Points : 2  (Rs 2)    Voting Score: 0

Institute of Management and Engineering Studies (IMES) is an autonomous institute and not an university. Also it has no connection with the recognition/accreditation bodies like UGC or AICTE. Therefore the IMES is not competent to award any degree to the students. Instead it offers its own certification which is not valid for Government jobs or higher studies. The AMIE course offered by the Institution of Engineers , on the other hand is recognized as equivalent to the graduation degree in engineering. The author is therefore advised to consider this aspect before joining any course offered by IMES.

Author: Sheo Shankar Jha    20 Jun 2016      Member Level: Gold     Points : 2  (Rs 2)    Voting Score: 0

I must congratulate you on your decision to continue your studies in IMES. In this regard, I am having some reservation and would advise you to think twice before initiating such courses which don't have recognition and approval from the ministry of HRD. Though you would putting your best efforts to pass the course, but because of its non recognition status, you should take up the AMIE course which has got its recognition - status from ministry of HRD. This degree is considered equivalent to degree in Engineering. So, after acquiring the degree of AMIE you may enjoy additional perks and emoluments which otherwise the aspirants having BE degree are enjoying in your organisation.