Ask Experts » Career Guidance » Other Jobs »

How to start law work from home

Date: 18 Jun 2016    Group: Career Guidance    Category: Other Jobs   

Could you please let me know how to start my law career work from home? I have completed LL.B and enrolled in the state Bar Council in the year 2015 and also qualified AIBE exam. Due to small kid I can't go for practice. I am residing in Bangalore but I have enrolled in state of Telangana Bar Council. Can you guide me to start my career (law) online?
Awaiting advice.

wondering how to start a career in law from home? On this Ask Expert page, you will get resolution to your query.

Author: Mahesh    19 Jun 2016      Member Level: Gold     Points : 2  (Rs 2)    Voting Score: 0

You have to get in touch with layer firms and startups that offer such work. You are in Bangalore that means you are in luck to get such referrals. You can find some of the startups that work in the law and related services. You can then ask if they have such remote work positions available.

Check some of the startups in bangalore here :http://bangalore.startups-list.com/

Apply for the legal startups if they have remote working position available.

If you are flexible to work outside law interest, then you can do other part time work. There are many other such jobs available like - SEO, freelance writing, web design etc. You just have to be good enough to deliver the small jobs in these small demanding tasks. If you can do that then you can surely get the jobs while staying at home. There are plenty of freelance websites which can be used to get the jobs.

Author: srivalli    19 Jun 2016      Member Level: Bronze     Points : 0    Voting Score: 0

Thank u , I follow your advice.

Author: Kailash Kumar    21 Jun 2016      Member Level: Platinum     Points : 2  (Rs 2)    Voting Score: 0

There are many possibilities available for the author. One is to research for a list of the prominent legal firms of major cities in India and send mails to them offering her offsite legal assistant services. It is possible that by developing impressive resume and presenting her case appropriately, some firms may offer online legal work. Another possibility is to contact law books/periodicals publishers and offer them legal drafting/editing services. The author can work free lance also be writing outstanding articles backed up by proper research and sell the same to potential buyers which may include many websites in the related field. Yet another option is to open her own website/blog and work with patience for starting earning at a later date.