|Author: vaishnavi gaonkar 23 Jun 2016 Member Level: Silver Points : 3 (Rs 3) Voting Score: 0|
The National Defence Academy (NDA) is institution of military education in India. It is the first training academy in world for training army, navy and air force cadets. Over the years it has groomed and sharpens youth to become leaders and produces officers for the Indian armed forces. Along with the military training, it imparts education in Science, Military Technology, Arts and Military subjects to the cadets. The cadets receive a degree from the Jawaharlal Nehru University on successful completion of training. It is located at Khadakwasla near Pune, Maharashtra.
The academic syllabus is as per the specific requirements of armed forces. Cadets study subjects like Science, Computer Science and Social Science, and are trained in military technology with major emphasis laid on outdoor and other extracurricular activities. The institute has facilities like indoor shooting range, swimming pools, a stadium, equipped gymnasium, squash and tennis courts, golf course, water sports equipment, large number of horses and fields for hockey, football, cricket, basket-ball, polo and other games.
Union Public Service Commission, New Delhi conducts entrance exam twice in a year for NDA, likely in September to October and January to April. Qualification requirement is 10+2 System of Education/ Equivalent for Army and with Physics and Maths for Airforce & Navy.
Duration of training is
• 3 Yrs at NDA and 1 Yr at Indian Military Academy (Army cadets)
• 3 Yrs at NDA and 1 Yr at Naval Academy(Naval cadets)/
• 3 Yrs at NDA and 1 & 1/2 Yrs at Air Force Association, Hyderabad (For Air Force cadets)
|Author: Mahesh 23 Jun 2016 Member Level: Gold Points : 4 (Rs 4) Voting Score: 0|
Here are your answers.
1. National Defense Academy is the joint academy of the armed forces. Anyone who gets accepted in army, navy and air force has to complete essential training in NDA. Once they complete the specific number of years in NDA, they are posted to their specific training in the armed forces.
2. It is an educational system that is meant for the armed forces.
3. Candidates are selected through UPSC exam. Here after passing the exam, you have to choose specific armed force program. And during that phase you'd be training at NDA.
4. You need to have 10+2 pass in order to apply for the UPSC exam and the NDA entrance exam.
5. Sainik schools and NDA have no relation of any kind and they totally different in their working.
6. After finishing the NDA, you'd given option to join either Army, Navy or Air Force. Depending on your performance and the inclination and assessment you'd be given option to join the force.