• Category: Cricket

What is the age limit to take admission in cricket academy?

Interested in making a career in cricket? Searching for information about playing at the national level? Check out cricket advice from experts here.

I am 25 yrs of age.Can I join cricket academy. I have not played any state or district level matches but I know my potential. I don't want to regret in my life. Is there any chance for me to join cricket academy and play for the Indian team or domestic cricket?
    Experts: do provide guidance.
  • #136938
    In my opinion it is impractical to think about joining a cricket academy at the age of 25 and subsequently become able to play in Indian team at a later date after few years. It requires rigorous training since a very tender age to achieve reflexive/spontaneous responses. However there is no age for learning cricket as a hobby. The author may approach the local cricket club of his town/city and join the same for learning/practicing. His own assessment about his potential has no practical value. It will have to assessed by the professionals at the local club to arrive at any conclusion. There is stiff competition in the field of professional cricket and the selection to the Indian team for playing in international matches is a long drawn process.
    Let us encourage each other in sharing knowledge.

• #136995
    There is no age limit for joining an cricket academy. For sure you can join any cricket academy near by you or where ever you want as per your convenience. Your potential will be judged by the professionals not by yourself. Playing for India at international level is an dream come true for the players playing at domestic level or national level. Same like other fields there also there is an tough competition.
    Hope you do your best.
    All the Best.

• #137129
    There is no age limit to join any cricket academy. But you have to consider the fact that a cricket player has to play successfully at various level to reach the top, i.e., to play for the country. So, it is felt that it would be rather difficult for you to reach the top-most level if you join cricket academy at an age of 25.