Ask Experts » Health » Nutrition »

Frequent urge to empty my stomach

Date: 29 Jun 2016   Posted By: Aditya Mohan     Group: Health    Category: Nutrition   

I have these frequent stomach-aches. Earlier I was affected with constipation. I had to spend an immense amount of time and energy in washroom to get my work done. Then came the worst.
I bled one night, while trying to excrete. So I stopped forcing my faeces from then.I drank a lot of water from then. I felt the effect of water clearly. It cured my constipation. I thought all my miseries are gone.But now I need to visit toilet more than ever-like 5 times a day.I don't like it.I get embarrassed.
Stool seems to be liquid. I am so embarrassed about my situation. Doctors are not being helpful.
Hope experts will help me get rid of my problem.

Having a problem with your stomach? Searching for a solution? Find responses from experts on this page.

Author: Kailash Kumar    01 Jul 2016      Member Level: Platinum     Points : 3  (Rs 3)    Voting Score: 0

It is strange to note that - 'doctors are not being helpful'. It may be noted that only professionally qualified medical practitioners should be consulted for any kind of serious medical condition as they are able to diagnose actual problem by virtue of their professional qualification and experience and after physical examination of the body and interpretation of diagnostics reports carried out scientifically at pathological laboratories, in case so required.
However, the common causes of frequent bowl movements may be one or more of the following -
1. Bacterial gastrointestinal infection
2. Food allergies
3. Gallbladder disease or stones
4. Cancer of the digestive tract
5. Bile malabsorption etc.
In my opinion a qualified and experienced gastroenterologist of repute should be immediately consulted for proper diagnosis and treatment of the condition.

Author: vaishnavi gaonkar    02 Jul 2016      Member Level: Silver     Points : 4  (Rs 4)    Voting Score: 0

In general, People may urinate for about 6-7 times in a day. Urination frequency may vary from person to person. Even a frequency of about 10 times a day can be considered as normal, however it depends on amount and type of fluid intake, health, age, pregnancy, weather and even the medication. In your case, drinking plenty of water may be the reason for your increased need to pee. Some blood pressure medicines are diuretic in nature i.e they increase the frequency of urination. Increased frequency also signals underlying diseases like diabetes.

Frequent urination (more than normal), urgent need to urinate, pain during urination, bladder discomfort, inconsistency may signal overactive or a sensitive bladder, urinary tract infection or a prostrate problem. In this case, a specialist doctor can only be of assistance.

Try some of these remedies to treat constipation

• Practise yoga posture regularly that aid to relive constipation (Mayurasana (Peacock Pose); Ardha-Matsyendrasana (Sitting Half Spinal Twist Pose), Halasana (Plough Pose))
• Increase fluid intake
• Make dietary changes by including increased fiber and fruit
• Go for herbal laxatives. Flaxseed, psyllium, and fenugreek are three well-known herbal bulk laxatives.