Ask Experts » Government » Panchayat/Municipality/Corporation »

Inclusion of name and correction in mother's name in birth certificate

Date: 30 Jun 2016   Posted By: S R SRINIVASAN     Group: Government    Category: Panchayat/Municipality/Corporation   

My son was born in GH, Dharapuram, TN in 1990 and a birth certificate was issued without his name and the mother''s call name was recorded as Mother's Name. Now my son is entering into SSLC and needs to submit Birth Certificate. Now I have to include his Name and to correct the mother's name (My wife) as per her certificate. Can you provide me the ways to carry out the same?

Want to do a correction in birth certificate? On this Ask Expert page, your queries shall be resolved.

Author: Partha Kansabanik    02 Jul 2016      Member Level: Diamond     Points : 2  (Rs 2)    Voting Score: 0

The birth certificate is issued everywhere without the name of the new-born. So that would not cause any problem. For the purpose of mother's name, the candidate is required to write it afresh in the application form properly. There is generally no need to tally it with the birth certificate. However, if the difference in the name of the mother is pointed out by the school authorities, an advertisement is required to be given in the newspaper stating that 'X' and 'Y' are the same person.