You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Panchayat/Municipality/Corporation

    Inclusion of name and correction in mother's name in birth certificate

    Want to do a correction in birth certificate? On this Ask Expert page, your queries shall be resolved.

    My son was born in GH, Dharapuram, TN in 1990 and a birth certificate was issued without his name and the mother''s call name was recorded as Mother's Name. Now my son is entering into SSLC and needs to submit Birth Certificate. Now I have to include his Name and to correct the mother's name (My wife) as per her certificate. Can you provide me the ways to carry out the same?
    Awaiting response.
  • #137068
    The birth certificate is issued everywhere without the name of the new-born. So that would not cause any problem. For the purpose of mother's name, the candidate is required to write it afresh in the application form properly. There is generally no need to tally it with the birth certificate. However, if the difference in the name of the mother is pointed out by the school authorities, an advertisement is required to be given in the newspaper stating that 'X' and 'Y' are the same person.
    Non-violence is the greatest Dharma; So too is all righteous violence.

  • Sign In to post your comments