What is the meaning and purpose of Ad units in adsense account?

Want to know about Ad units in Adsense account? Find advice from experts on this page.

In my adsense account, under My ads -> Ad units section it is showing a link with Name, Id, Status, Summary.
    What does it mean?
    How can I use it?
    Are the ads automatically shown on my blog, or I have to put it on my blog by getting the ad code from the ad unit?
  • #137050
    Ad unit are basically the unit's that contains data such as code that displays on publisher site. It also connected with the URL channels and other specific data. Most of the time ad units are used for tracking demographics, clicks and other information. They can also be used to gauge the performance inside the performance report.

Ad units are specific to the content. They have the ad related information such as link unit, graphical ad unit, rich banner etc. So when the data is collected this specific information is also displayed in the reports.

Yes the code given for the ad unit should be kept in the HTML of your blog or website. This way the content is displayed. Ads are displayed based on the settings in the ad unit and URL channels data. And based on the preferences of people, that ad unit serves the ads that matches with peoples interest.