• Category: Professional Courses

Which is better option between MCA and WIPRO WASE course?

Unsure whether to pursue MCA or take up the WIPRO WASE program? Check out the suggestions given in the responses at this Ask Expert page.

I have recently completed my BCA (3 years course) and got selected for WIPRO WASE which is a 4 year course (with bond) and in every year they whoud be providing us with some salary as follows:
    13k first year
    16k secnd year
    19k third year
    24k fourth year

Now I am pretty much confused what should I go for - whether I should go for regular MCA or take up the WIPRO WASE course. Please advise.
  • #137048
    WASE stands for Wipro Academy of Software Excellence. The four year (eight semester) WASE program offered by WIPRO is equivalent to two years M.Tech in Software Engineering degree program offered by BITS Pilani. It is an off campus collaborative M.Tech program in Software Engineering.
    In my opinion, successful completion of the program with outstanding achievement will increase the chances of getting employment.
    WASE program imparts the best training for soft skills and provides project experience along with a monthly stipend, which increases every year.
    Thus from the future career prospects point of view joining WASE program is better than joining a regular MCA program.

Let us encourage each other in sharing knowledge.

• #137060
    WASE programme is being organised by WIRO organisation to impart special training of the selected aspirants in Soft - skill to enhance the effectiveness of the selected candidates and the programme comprises eight semester. Upon completion of this programme, the degree offered to the aspirants is equivalent to M.Tech in computer - engineering.
    It appears that you have got a lucky assignment and in no case, you should miss it because of two reasons -
    1) You are entering into a secured phase after having got a permanent engagement in a reputed Software - company enabling to nurture all the vital tools required to be implemented in the Software - project.
    2) This programme is much more superior than the MCA programme since this course offered by Wipro has been recognised equivalent to M.Tech degree. Moreover, the stipend offered to the candidates is attractive and there is an upward revision of the stipend in each experience.