|Author: Sheo Shankar Jha 04 Jul 2016 Member Level: Gold Points : 4 (Rs 4) Voting Score: 0|
Java - plum contains abundant amount of Vitamin- C necessary for strengthening immunupity system and apart from this fruits contains Magnesim, Potassium, Calcium etc essential to make up the deficient nutrients. This fruit is to be taken in the following conditions-
1) It is an excellent remedy for diabetes. Java - plum or its extract should be used twice daily in a moderate quantity to control the blood - sugar level.
2) It helps in strengthening the digestion - system because of presence of Vitamin- C.
3) The fruit is benificial for the skin - disorder since it contains Oxalic - acid, Gallic - acid, Tennins and etc which makes the same as an effective option to cure for antibacterial - infection.
4) It helps in detoxification of liver.
5) The regular use of this plum may help in shedding the body- weight.
6) Enhances appetite and Cures Constipation- if a table spoon of extract of Java - plum is taken along with same quantity of water after each principal meal, it will tone up the liver and we will have good appetite and also because of presence of fibrous content in it, it would prove to be a good remedy for Constipation.
There are certain side - effects on its consumption in excess quantity. The following points may be noted-
1) There may be body - aches if taken in excess amount.
2) Symptoms of vomitting may appear.
3) According to Ayurveda, it may enhance the Vata - Dosha causing Sleep - disorder.
4) The Java - plum available in the market may be contaminated with dirty - water and as such it may cause health - issues such as diarrhoea or dysentery on its consumption if hygienic conditions are not maintained.
5) It should not be taken in empty stomach.
|Author: Darshan Malwiya 04 Jul 2016 Member Level: Silver Points : 3 (Rs 3) Voting Score: 0|
Jamun also known as Syzygium Cumini, Jambul, Black Plum, Rajaman and Jamblang is an evergreen tropical tree. Jamun is native to the Indian Subcontinent and the adjoining regions of Southeast Asia for eg: Bangladesh, Malasiya, Sri Lanka, Philippines, and Indonesia.
Here are some benefits of Jamun.
1] For beauty and fair skin Jamun seeds are used as an effective agent to treat acne.
2] Jamun has the adequate amount of iron and vitamin C. The presence of iron in it is good to increase the haemoglobin.
3] Sufficient amount of Jamun is beneficial to diseases like heart, high blood pressure, and stroke. Regular eating of Jamun helps to prevent hardening of arteries.
4] Chewing and eating of Jamun leaves are good in treating of diarrhea and ulcers.
5] The black plum leaves are antibacterial properties and are used for strengthening teeth and gum. The leaves are astringent, considered good for throat problems.
6] One of the best medicinal benefits of Jamun is its anti-diabetic properties. The black plum works against diabetes and convert sugar into energy.
7] The Jamun fruit is good for digestive system because of its coolant features.
8] Jambul helps also to prevent wrinkles and pimples.
Here are some side effects of Jamuns and also care to be taken before eating it.
1] Road side jamun should be avoided as it may be contaminated from lead and heavy metals.
2] Eating of jamun empty stomach should be avoided.
3] Milk shouldn't be taken after eating jamun.
4]Eating of excess jamun leads to body ache and fever. Excessive eating of it is also not good for throat and chest.
5] Heavy dose of jamun may cause cough.
|Author: Venkiteswaran. 04 Jul 2016 Member Level: Diamond Points : 2 (Rs 2) Voting Score: 0|
Anything in moderate quantity can be good unles specifically prohibited due to some reason It is not easy to take Jamun in large quantities. It has a distinct roughness on tongue. It discolours the tongue. So automatically one will regulate the eating of Jamun fruits. The skin and flesh of the fruit are easily damaged by falling on ground. Hence the fruits, unless plucked carefully an before fully rip, will have some dust or sand sticking to it. Hence it should be cleaned.
Jamun is generally believed to be beneficial in controlling diabetes. The seeds are also powdered and used in Ayurvedic medicines, especially those given to control diabetes.
|Author: Balasubramanian S 04 Jul 2016 Member Level: Gold Points : 3 (Rs 3) Voting Score: 0|
Everyone here discussed about the benefits of Jamun fruit. I would like to say a few points about the seeds of Jamun fruit. The seeds of Jamun fruit is a very good cure for diabetes. It helps in keeping the sugar levels in the body under control. Please find details below on how it can be consumed.
1) The whole fruit can be kept in sun to dry. Or some fruits that are not fit for eating can be left to dry in sun.
2) The dried fruit can then be taken and crushed to get fine powder.
3) The powder is rich in nutrients and especially vitamin C. It can be mixed with water and consumed or even directly if people like the taste of the powder.
4) Based on what you mix it with the powder gives you different medicinal property.
Another interesting thing about Jamun fruit is that, it is one of the ancient trees in India. In ancient scriptures we can see references to India or the whole continent as Jambudhveepam. This means that the land was fully occupied by Jamun trees. There are also several mentions about the significance and usage of Jamun fruit in our ancient scriptures.
|Author: sushma 05 Jul 2016 Member Level: Gold Points : 5 (Rs 5) Voting Score: 0|
Jamun is found during summer and it is also known as Blackberry, Java. It has various health benefits as
1. It helps in reducing Stomach pain, diarrhoea.
2. Its good for heart disease, cancer as it contains potassium mineral.
3. Jamun is one of the best fruit for diabetes.
4. It is good for our eyes and skin as it has many minerals and vitamins A and Vitamin C.
5. Jamun leaves Keeps our Teeth and Gums Healthy
6. It is good for skin.
7. It prevents us from infections as it is rich in oxalic acid, gallic acid.
Some disadvantages of Jamun is:
1. Milk should not be consumed atleast 1 hour before eating and after eating Jamun .
2. Excess of Jamun is not good for throat and also leads to fever and body ache.
3. Consuming Jamun should be avoided by pregnant woman.
4. Over eating Jamun might cause sputum to accumulate in the lungs.
5. Jamun should be avoided for few days after undergoing any surgery as it lowers the blood sugar level.
|Author: Mahesh 05 Jul 2016 Member Level: Gold Points : 4 (Rs 4) Voting Score: 0|
There are plenty of health benefits of java plum. Here are some of them.
1. Plums are low in calories.
2. Plums have dietary fiber, sorbitol and isatin, Vitamin D and Calcium.
3. Dried plum can be good for diabetic patients.
4. Plums are good for those who are suffering from cancer cell growth.
5. Plums help in memory and brain health.
There are some of the issues with plum too.
1. Plum is not good for those who are suffering from kidney stones.
2. It can be also not good for those who are asked not to take too much fiber in their diet.
3. For those with excess Vitamin D, they should avoid eating plum.
4. It is also not good for those who are having allergy from the plum.
These are some of the side effects from plum. Depending on how it suits your health, you should consider eating plum accordingly.