Ask Experts » Career Guidance » Other Jobs »

About the information regarding study in Canada

Date: 11 Jul 2016   Posted By: sanjeev kumar     Group: Career Guidance    Category: Other Jobs   

I have recently completed my +2 with non medical stream. I want to go abroad for highyer studies.
Is this beneficial for me?
If it is, which course should I choose in Canada so that I can get work and PR easily?
Should I choose Bachelor degree program or diploma program? What is the difference between both of them?
Awaiting advice.

Planning to study abroad in Canada? Confused what to study? On this Ask Expert page you will find all the advice you are looking for.

Author: Kailash Kumar    12 Jul 2016      Member Level: Platinum     Points : 2  (Rs 2)    Voting Score: 0

The cost of study in Canada may be in the range of Rs. 8 to 10 lakh per year. A study permit/student visa is required, after admission to a program of study. Entry to Canada is dependent on demontrating availability of sufficient funds to pay for tuition fees, living expenses and a return ticket to home. Character and health checks are also made which may involve a police verification or a medical examination or both. International students with a valid study permit do not need an extra work permit for working on campus. Part time off campus work requires a permit which allows the holder to work up to 20 hours per week during term time and full-time during vacations.
Studying abroad in Canada is likely to be beneficial for the author provided cost is not a factor.
Eligibilty criteria for admisson in bachelors degree program is first class in HSC and IELTS/TOEFL and for admission in higher diploma /diploma or certificate course is higher second class in HSC and IELTS/TOEFL.
Many resources are available in the ISC repository regarding studies in Canada. The author may explore the same for further details.