• Category: Teaching Jobs

Teaching job scope after UGCNET as a naval officer's wife

Worried about job opportunities after clearing UGC-NET due to constant transfer of naval officer husband? Find out whether you would be able to take up fresh jobs in the place of transfer.

I am an MBA graduate in finance and working in a financial research firm. I am planning for UGCNET. However, as I am getting married to a naval officer I will be facing frequent transfer after every 3 years. What will be my scope for jobs after clearing NET in such a situation?
  • #137290
    It is really good that you want to pursue UGC NET, because UGC NET is to determine The Eligibility of Indians for Assistant Professor only or Junior Research Fellowship and Eligibility for Assistant Professor.

If you clear UGC NET then you can apply for the position of Lecturer/Assistant Professor in Universities and Colleges located anywhere across India. You Will also eligible for Junior Research Fellowship. the fellowship is upgraded to SRF (NET) and the stipend is increased to Rs. 28,000/- per month for the 3rdand subsequent years.

If you have to face transfer, then you can apply for a the position of Lecturer/Assistant at new place in new college.

Delete Attachment

• #141348
    I have read the question carefully. I would advise you to appear in UGC-NET both for JRF (if age permits) and also for lectureship. If you successfully qualify the both, then you can pursue research in the field of financial management, which would be very useful for future. On the other hand, you can also apply for lectureship in financial management, either full-time or part-time.

So far as your marriage is concerned, I would expect that you would adequate opportunity to pursue your career goal in your husband's place of posting,usually naval bases. In any case,it may not be advisable to mix up career aspirations and marriage.